Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Burke's Albion signings

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You lay it out beautifully Stat Brother, and I can't disagree with a word of this, but do realise that El Pres is lurking and willing to demonstrate his superior grasp of footballing finances.
Definitely.

As I've just proved football finances is no place for a moronic simpleton.

If it were that easy all clubs would make money, not lose it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Which sets up a question I'm mulling over (but can't be arsed to start a new thread)

Will any revenue stream decrease of 2014/15.

I understand the club lumped everything it could into the pre FFP '12-'13 accounts, -£14+m.

Therefore '13-'14, even with a slightly increased player budget the loses will be around 'only' £8m.

So that brings us up to next season:-

- Transfer dealings are in the black.
- New kit deal, largest in club history.
- Wages, some high earners have been removed from the bill.
- TV money, if that's not more it's comparable to last season.
- FA Cup money.
- I doubt anyone is eating and drinking less.
- The transport levy went up, bringing the cost down.

I'm struggling to find a reason why Oscar (or the next manager!!) won't have a, dare I say, WAR CHEST to play with this summer.

The fly in the ointment is that the allowable losses under FFP in 2014-15 drop from £8m to £6m.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
How can I reply to this, I can only offer some numbered points. Here you go:

1) Insulting someone purely because you disagree with them. 2) Failing to explain in why you disagree with them 3) Contributing absolutely nothing to the thread/discussion except this pointless ejaculation of drivel.

Ok. I'd like to know how you arrive at the conclusion that David Burke failed to keep them at the club?
Did some of the players you list and their agents not get better deals than we were prepared to offer?
Its something to do with the way our club is run, within the guidelines of FFP, and that is what Burke has to work to.
Or maybe you would prefare us to spunk money all over the place like Forest and QPR
As Machiavelli said in post No 36, there are six answers for you, so how it is Burkes fault, I dont know.
You explain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here