Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham staying up and Norwich going down?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not so long ago Fulham looked completely doomed, but Magat seems to have really instilled a fighting spirit in them, meanwhile Norwich are on a massive slide. These are remaining fixtures for both sides, starting with the two sides meeting at Fulham:

Fulham - 27 points

v Norwich (H)
v Tottenham (A) - Spurs in disarray, season all but over
v Hull (H) - At home with vs a side with nothing to play for and the distraction of the FA Cup possibly
v Stoke (A) - Another side with nothing to play for
v Crystal Palace (H) - Home vs a side likely to be safe by last day

Norwich - 32 points

v Fulham (A)
v Liverpool (H) - ouch - going for the title
v Man Utd (A) - now finding a bit of form
v Chelsea (A) - ouch - going for the title
v Arsenal (H) - ouch - an Arsenal side battling to stay in the top 4.

Norwich are 5 points ahead but they could easily gain ZERO points from their final 5 games - I'm tempted to have a little punt on Fulham staying up and Norwich going down, anywhere I could get reasonable odds for both of those together as a Double?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
It will all come down to this weekend`s game.
If Fulham win then Norwich are doomed and it will serve them right for sacking Hughton at a ridiculous stage of the season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You couldn't do them as a double as they are related & bookies wont take multiples on related events

BOOO. So I can do them as two singles at not great odds.

#gamblingnovice

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've done the Predictor and I have Norwich going down with Cardiff and Sunderland, although this is based on Fulham beating Norwich on Saturday. Incidentally, I have Poyet's men being mathematically relegated after defeat at Old Trafford.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
It will all come down to this weekend`s game.
If Fulham win then Norwich are doomed and it will serve them right for sacking Hughton at a ridiculous stage of the season.

Sacking Houghton is the ultimate admission that they are preparing to go down. I can understand, if Norwich were safe, that getting in a replacement before the summer break would been beneficial (as we know, a disrupted summer has knock on effects next season) but they weren't safe. Surely keeping CH in and fighting for PL survival would be the chosen action unless the board were already resigned to being relegated? I'm sure they looked at the fixtures and collectively agreed they were f*cked.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Can see Fulham catching Norwich if they win Saturday. Some stats from the BBS regarding relegation chances. Would like to see Norwich drop myself.

Based on Euro Club Index ratings for the teams and the matches that they have left (i.e. schedule is taken fully into account) the chances of relegation are as follows:

Cardiff City 95.40%
Sunderland 88.67%
Fulham 66.72%
Norwich City 42.83%
West Bromwich Albion 4.04%
Swansea City 1.13%
Crystal Palace 1.01%
Aston Villa 0.20%
Hull City 0.03%

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
BOOO. So I can do them as two singles at not great odds.

#gamblingnovice

Yeah, though just had a look on oddschecker & Fulham 2/1 to stay up ( best price) & Norwich 5/4 to go down, so 1 bet on Fulham doubling your stake probably the best call & leaving Norwich alone

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'd rather Fulham went down, would be nice to visit Cravern cottage and also another closer game to attend. Although at the same time, I would rather see Fulham stay up, I have disliked them since they pinched Crofts and Bennet plus would be fun to have the Ipswich Norwich rivalry in the league again.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I really want Norwich to go down. I really dislike them. Not sure why? Just one of teams that grate on me with supporters that also grate on me for no particular reason. Listening to their supporters and the CE of Norwich bad mouthing Hughton makes me dislike them even more. For no other reason than because I can.

I don't like Ipswich either. Does that make me East Angliaphobic?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really want Norwich to go down. I really dislike them. Not sure why? Just one of teams that grate on me with supporters that also grate on me for no particular reason. Listening to their supporters and the CE of Norwich bad mouthing Hughton makes me dislike them even more. For no other reason than because I can.

I don't like Ipswich either. Does that make me East Angliaphobic?

I take it you don't go anywhere near tractors then Pinkie?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not so long ago Fulham looked completely doomed, but Magat seems to have really instilled a fighting spirit in them, meanwhile Norwich are on a massive slide. These are remaining fixtures for both sides, starting with the two sides meeting at Fulham:

Fulham - 27 points

v Norwich (H)
v Tottenham (A) - Spurs in disarray, season all but over
v Hull (H) - At home with vs a side with nothing to play for and the distraction of the FA Cup possibly
v Stoke (A) - Another side with nothing to play for
v Crystal Palace (H) - Home vs a side likely to be safe by last day

Norwich - 32 points

v Fulham (A)
v Liverpool (H) - ouch - going for the title
v Man Utd (A) - now finding a bit of form
v Chelsea (A) - ouch - going for the title
v Arsenal (H) - ouch - an Arsenal side battling to stay in the top 4.

Norwich are 5 points ahead but they could easily gain ZERO points from their final 5 games - I'm tempted to have a little punt on Fulham staying up and Norwich going down, anywhere I could get reasonable odds for both of those together as a Double?

Sunderland - 25 points
v Everton (H) - outcome draw would be a great result
v Man City (A) - defeat
v Chelsea (A) - defeat
v Cardiff (H) - winnable
v Man Utd (A) - defeat
v West Brom (H) - winnable
v Swansea (H) - winnable

Gus could manage a minor miracle here and get 3 home wins taking them to 34 points. If they get anything against Everton that will give them a massive lift. West Brom could also get pulled into it with their next 2 games home to Spurs and away to Man City.

Think there is going to be a few twists yet, but those 3 home games for Sunderland could still be key for them. West Brom stayed up with 34 points in 04/05, I think it's going to be a low figure again.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
The loser of this game will probably get relegated.
I've a sneaky feeling Norwich will pull it off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here