Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How About More Revenue For The Albion Just An Idea!!

seagulls united

Apr 8, 2014
lancing
:bhasign: Just a thought why dont they do a live tv stream for all Brighton games away and at home for Albion supporters who live within a 20 mile radius of the Amex Who may not be able to attend a match here and there due to work commitments and charge them £15.00 a match could be potentially a little money spinner for the Albion what do u think ?

Last edited:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
:bhasign: Just a thought why dont they do a live tv stream for all Brighton games away and at home for Albion supporters who live within a 20 mile radius of the Amex Who may not be able to attend a match here and there due to work commitments and charge them £3.00 a match could be potentially a little money spinner for the Albion what do u think ?

SO replace a £30 match day ticket + food/drink/program with a £3.00 stream (per room full of people!) for what is mostly the same audience??

Great little money spinning idea you have there, maybe suggest it to Paul Barber at his next Q&A, I'm sure he'll thank you for that.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Because the club do not own the rights for live streaming and matches at 3pm on a Saturday cannot be shown live AND 20 miles from the Amex is a very short distance

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
There's a little thing called TV rights to consider as well

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it will end up as a premium extra on Seagulls Player next season , after Perform and FLi have taken out their percentage from the £9.99 charge (?) the club will no doubt end up with a 20p per viewer commission.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
:bhasign: Just a thought why dont they do a live tv stream for all Brighton games away and at home for Albion supporters who live within a 20 mile radius of the Amex Who may not be able to attend a match here and there due to work commitments and charge them £3.00 a match could be potentially a little money spinner for the Albion what do u think ?

You might have your work cut out on this thread. Good luck.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
IIRC Palace did a live stream at Selhurst for the match at the Amex. I could see this idea working for some of the oversubscribed away games. I would guess the away team would need to also agree and take a cut of the revenue.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's a good job this isn't possible, as if it was the FL for one would be trying to stop it. :wrong:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
IIRC Palace did a live stream at Selhurst for the match at the Amex. I could see this idea working for some of the oversubscribed away games. I would guess the away team would need to also agree and take a cut of the revenue.

Yep - they BEAMBACKED.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I know Arsenal do a similar thing for a couple of away games per season, except they open up the concourse on the west stand. Charge about £10 for entry (with a free drink) and then the bars are open as well. Idea works very well, and historically it's been against the Northern clubs like Sunderland, where it's more difficult to actually attend the away games. They've only ever done this for Saturday 3pm games though, so could be a route Brighton could look at, however how much profit could actually be made when you consider the cost of the TV rights, staff, stewards etc...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If we want more revenue, why not ditch the highly paid role of "Director of Football" and change the role of "Head Coach" to "Manager" and let them work on Transfers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here