Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bournemouth v Reading

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure if discussed but big game tonight.

If we were playing anyone outside the top 6 tonight , you'd half be thinking we have a good chance to get right back in it. Leicester away is a nightmare game to need to win. Got a feeling Bournemouth will beat them as well.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If we lose and Reading win then our season is effectively over

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yep this is it.

If we won then the whole mood would change. Even if Reading win we'd go into Charlton game believing.

Big ask

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I remember going to the Brighton v Southampton game when i was over in April 2011. A carnival atmosphere to celebrate the title but we couldn't get out of second gear. Hopefully a few of the Leicester players will be nursing hangovers and smoking the odd pre-match cigar :smokin:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we lose and Reading win then our season is effectively over

Yep. If this happens it's Goodnight Vienna to the season.

We win, and Bournemouth win, and a Saturday victory v Charlton could take us 6th, as Reading play Leicester on the Monday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon 5 points after tonight's matches is still achievable. But no room for leeway.
No chance. It sounds do-able but when you analyse it, it really isn't. We also have an inferior GD, which means we'd need to attain 6 points more than Reading in 5 matches.

So even if we won our remaining 5 matches (which in itself is HIGHLY unlikely), Reading would only need 3 wins and a draw from 5 matches to stay ahead of us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I remember going to the Brighton v Southampton game when i was over in April 2011. A carnival atmosphere to celebrate the title but we couldn't get out of second gear. Hopefully a few of the Leicester players will be nursing hangovers and smoking the odd pre-match cigar :smokin:

They've got promoted, but not yet guaranteed the title. I think they will still be going for it. We had got the title 5 games from the end of the season, so it was no surprise that we took our foot off the gas.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading's next 3 games are Bournemouth, Leicester and Wigan.

We need a win tonight.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
No chance. It sounds do-able but when you analyse it, it really isn't. We also have an inferior GD, which means we'd need to attain 6 points more than Reading in 5 matches.

So even if we won our remaining 5 matches (which in itself is HIGHLY unlikely), Reading would only need 3 wins and a draw from 5 matches to stay ahead of us.

I see what you mean, and agree it would be unlikely, but reckon that Reading getting 10 points from their last 5 games is far from a given. And we have (still) yet to hit form...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here