Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Football Kit Release Date For 2014/2015 ........

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
But I have heard that they are going to be 'one season' kits from now on to fleece fans a little bit more. ... That would really piss me off

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Never understood this 'fans being fleeced' bit.

Option 1) Don't buy a replica shirt

Option 2) Wear one from a previous season if you did not take up Option 1 at an earlier point

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You can always say no to children. Or let them have a new shirt for a Christmas or Birthday present. It is not compulsary to buy them for them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
:bhasign: Anyone got any ideas what the kits gonna look like, when it will be released :shrug:

Sneak preview...

nike-soccer-c-f-monterrey-kits-for-2013-2014-0.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sneak preview...

nike-soccer-c-f-monterrey-kits-for-2013-2014-0.jpg

Reyados de Monterrey, they've had some very nice kits over the years, although they do get a bit logo-heavy. There is a certain website :whistle: where you can view a comprehensive history of them, I have one of the Atletica brand ones from 2007.

As long as it doesnt cost £90 just like the England shirt stitch up!!!!

I doubt that the Albion will sell the player spec version, (if indeed we have a different player spec shirt), not sure if any British teams sell their player spec kit. I reckon the Albion will be after around the £50 mark for an adult size replica, thik it would be suicide to go to the £55+ pricing that is prevalent across Europe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You obviously don't have children

this statement say alot more about the state of society and the root of many problems than you probably realise, far beyond football shirts.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Back to the original question. I suspect that, out of loyalty to errea, the club will not release designs until we have played our final game of the season.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You obviously don't have children

I was once a child, I wanted the latest football kit each season, I very rarely got bought it, I learnt to live with it.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Don't think we'd be getting Nike shirts if they had any loyalty.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2013/may/10/0510_SGNold/
From your quoted article
For nearly half a century, Nike has been plagued with accusations of sweatshop use in Asia. Unfortunately, according to Educating for Justice, these accusations were, and still are, well-founded. In Indonesia, where many Nike products are manufactured, Nike pays workers minimum wage, the equivalent of $1.25 a day. These wages fail to provide the basic necessities of life for Indonesian workers. With $1.25 a day, workers can rent an 8-by-8-foot one-room apartment, obtain drinking water, secure transportation to work and buy two meals of chicken, rice and vegetables. However, if workers need to buy cleaning products, clothing, health care or personal hygiene products such as soap and toothpaste, they must go hungry to cover the cost. Indonesian workers cannot break this cycle of poverty for themselves or their children because it is virtually impossible for them to get an education or save money.

So they pay the minimum wage as set by the Indonesian Government? - Surely if that isn't enough to cover basic costs, the international pressure should be to get the Government of Indonesia to change the legislation so that the minimum wage covers basic living costs (but there is of course the risk that by increasing this wage, all you do is make everything else more expensive due to higher staff costs which have to be recovered from somewhere and ultimately the workers arn't better off than before and would still struggle to provide the basics)

Surely it shouldn't be just the employees of large international companies like Nike that should be responsible for what the minimum wage is in Indonesia, what about all the other workers in Indonesia that earn the minimum wage but wouldn't be better off if companies like Nike paid more because they don't work for them? won't they still struggle to make ends meet?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
With all this goodbye Errea stuff on the Albion website maybe there could be a chance we will use the new strip in the next home game?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here