Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea and Norwich "on alert" as Garcia set to quit Brighton

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
According to the Daily Fail:

"Swansea and Norwich on alert with Garcia set to quit Brighton at end of the season

Oscar Garcia has grown frustrated with Brighton's transfer dealings
Swansea and Norwich are on alert after being impressed by Garcia's style
Swans also considering Dennis Bergkamp and ex-Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa

By SIMON JONES
PUBLISHED: 11:40, 8 April 2014 | UPDATED: 11:52, 8 April 2014

Oscar Garcia is poised to leave Brighton this summer.
Brighton are eighth in the Championship and just five points off the play-offs yet the Spanish manager has grown frustrated with the club's transfer dealings and it's understood wants a different challenge.
Swansea and Norwich will both be alerted by his decision as the former Barcelona youth coach has impressed with his style and ability to keep Brighton in the hunt for promotion despite losing players such as Liam Bridcutt and Ashley Barnes.

Swansea are considering coaching changes in the summer. Although interim manager Garry Monk remains a key part of those plans, the club are weighing up alternatives with Ajax assistant coach Dennis Bergkamp and former Chile boss Marcelo Bielsa among them.
Norwich will seek a new coach to take over from caretaker Neil Adams at the end of the season following Chris Hughton's sacking.
Malky Mackay is among the favourites but will have to settle any outstanding wrangle with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan first.
Garcia, 40, is young and suits the profile both clubs are seeking as they look to maintain and impose a possession and passing style to stay in the Premier League."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lert-Garcia-set-quit-Brighton-end-season.html

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No facts, no evidence of him actually about to quit and just an assumption from an outsider on our poor transfers. For all we know we got the players he wanted.

Basically, its your average tabloid article trying to stir things up - nothing to see here.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wasn't the Sun the first to report Murray heading to Palace?
This story may have some truth.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No facts, no evidence of him actually about to quit and just an assumption from an outsider on our poor transfers. For all we know we got the players he wanted.

Basically, its your average tabloid article trying to stir things up - nothing to see here.

Agree with all this, but the article clearly states that Oscar is doing well at Brighton -- which might disappoint a fair few on NSC.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It is a weak story, probably from a conversation with a third party - classic 2 and 2 equals 7.

But that doesn't mean that the central point, Garcia being unimpressed with the transfer dealings, isn't true. I'm not impressed with the transfer dealings. Neither was Gus, though he acted in the wrong way about it.

Much more of this and the spotlight is going to fall on Burke, what he does, and is he doing it well.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If true (and it is only one report) it raises a number of questions about how things are being run. To paraphrase Wilde, to lose one manager may be regarded as misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness.

I honestly couldn't say I'd give two hoots if Oscar ships out with Jones tomorrow. Not quite the way I felt about Poyet leaving. That said the rumour has plausability because, if I were him, there's only Ward, Lingard and Upson of the "ins" (and Upson was resigned) that I would be happy with. There have been issues of one kind or another with Andrews, Lita, Agustien and Obika not to mention losing Bridcutt and Barnes and failing to hold on to Conway, plus the Grabban saga.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Please explain your post.

Everyone wrote off the story of Murray heading to Palace simply because it was reported by a crap newspaper. Sadly for us the story was actually 100% true.
Whose to say this one isn't?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I will be disappointed if Oscar left in the summer. We are a top 10 championship side, hopefully we can all learn from this seasons transfer dealings and make them better for next season. I really don't want to start all over again with another manager.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Everyone wrote off the story of Murray heading to Palace simply because it was reported by a crap newspaper. Sadly for us the story was actually 100% true.
Whose to say this one isn't?

No, murray going to palace was known well before any tabloid got ahold of it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Hope its true but not sure why Swansea and Norwich would be after him which makes me think the article is rubbish.

Maybe they recognise the fact he's a good coach who's done damn well to keep us in the play off hunt despite having his team ripped apart.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not true I hope. We need Oscar to lead us into next season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Like a lot of these things, it's based on reasonable supposition. It's my understanding that Oscar got one player in January from a long list he submitted which, if true, might well make him disillusioned with our transfer business. After all, it has annoyed enough people on here. And I heard that Swansea had had a conversation with his agent after sacking Laudrup, although whether it was about Oscar or one of the agent's players .... maybe the subject came up after they'd finished enquiring about Luis Suarez.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here