Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for computer techies

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Nowadays its common to be able to receive streamed videos of Brighton's games, but often with no commentary or foreign commentary. I also subscribe to Seagulls Player, but mostly the two things are not synchronised - sometimes five or more seconds apart.

Here is my question.

Is there any software that can 'speed up or slow down' the audio or video?

Cheers

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Sorry, invalid attachment.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Put the video in a spaceship and zoom it around the earth a few times. Relativity Theory dictates that it will slow down to match the audio.

Or you might have to put the audio in to speed it up, I can't remember.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Can you not just pause the faster one and then press play when they have caught up.

Tried that and it doesn't work so need something a bit more sophisticated :)

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
I had the same problem with itunes for quite a while and the below helped me.

Control panel

Sound (Hardware n Sound)

Under Playback tab, highlight each device and click Properties button

Go to Advanced tab and change Sample Rate to 16bit 48000hz (DVD Quality) or 96000hz (Studio Quality), OK n OK.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The only problem I get is, when a goal is scored. The goal scoring is taking place on a 46" led tv, but JC is still rambling on about who's going to jail for stealing the petrol on the journey to the ground, or how chilly or noisy it is in the press box.
The picture being on the tv and the commentary on the laptop. It doesn't really matter most of the time, except when a goal has been scored in silence, and 10 to 30 seconds later JC lets you know.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Much enjoy the stream less any commentary from The Chuckle Bros, will revert to them should the stream fail. Still don't know who Ooojzeyah is.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hasn't SW got a wind-back option?

Of course, if the audio is earlier than the video, then that's no use.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where is that then?

I haven't got SW anymore, but I believe it's in the actual radio section at the top. Possibly rewinding 30 secs at a time.

Last edited:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
You need to support a premier league team for that... cuz there's usually an Acestream feed of those games and, as Acestream is basically VLC media player, rewinding and pausing is simple. Pretty much impossible with the Flash streams we get.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You need to support a premier league team for that... cuz there's usually an Acestream feed of those games and, as Acestream is basically VLC media player, rewinding and pausing is simple. Pretty much impossible with the Flash streams we get.

We definitely had it last season.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Never know, due to lack of 'top matches' tonight may get an AceStream link, usually a higher bit rate and simple to use although I suspect it will be solely 'flash' links tonight, allegedly

:whistle:

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I haven't got SW anymore, but I believe it's in the actual radio section at the top. Possibly rewinding 30 secs at a time.

That facility is still there, but with the mismatch being about 5 seconds the minimum 30 seconds change makes it much worse. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here