Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans turning on Poyet.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I doubt he'll be quite so arrogant in his response as he was when he was here and heard unrest from some fans though. Talk about going home or playing golf will see a binfest that will see him sacked again IMO.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I put £200 on Relegation before Spurs game 4/11. Not usually my way of betting but seems to be money for nothing. Now 1/5 after the Spurs defeat.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Some very telling comments from the Sunderland fans that could have come from us, too defensive-too many defensive players-tactics wrong-poor selection of strikers-players brought in not changing the performance. I would also add that when their behind the tv shows what we often saw, a mangerment team just sitting there just letting them get on with it. Their fans are now getting to see life with Poyet and just to add 1 last thing they've got the problem we have, Poyet can't find a striker to score the goals they need, he couldn't do it in 2 seasons at the Amex and I doubt he'll do it at Sunderland.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think the Sunderland fans are missing the obvious. What they need to do is increase their playing budget 40% year on year.

That's what we did and Poyet transformed the squad and football we were playing

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I was bitterly disappointed we sacked Paolo Di Canio and am becoming increasingly unimpressed by Poyet.
Be seeing you next season gentlemen (and ladies).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
One of my friends is a big Sunderland fan and he is laying the blame firmly at the feet of the players, who are simply not good enough and cannot be bothered to earn their inflated pay packets.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
One of my friends is a big Sunderland fan and he is laying the blame firmly at the feet of the players, who are simply not good enough and cannot be bothered to earn their inflated pay packets.

You won't find many Sunderland supporters who'd disagree. But these are the wasters who went whinging to our owner and chief executive about Di Canio early this season, and instead of telling them to sling their hook they were allowed to win the day. The subsequent mess is the consequence of backing the rabble over the manager.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Feel sorry for the Sunderland fans but I am elated that Poyet is fast tracking them to the Championship. I hope his ego takes a beating but I doubt it will.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Feel sorry for the Sunderland fans but I am elated that Poyet is fast tracking them to the Championship. I hope his ego takes a beating but I doubt it will.

I think it has already. Watch his interviews after last night. "We cannot defend, we cannot pass, we cannot control the bol, etc., etc".

Well Gus, you're the head coach. He did at least say that it is his responsibility.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Gus's comments were spot on, they were completely owned by Spurs last night their passing, defending and general ball control was woeful. A manager can coach them, but if they are not good enough, there is only so much a manager can change that.

Last edited:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You won't find many Sunderland supporters who'd disagree. But these are the wasters who went whinging to our owner and chief executive about Di Canio early this season, and instead of telling them to sling their hook they were allowed to win the day. The subsequent mess is the consequence of backing the rabble over the manager.

Totally agree with all that. Ultimately you have been let down by an absolute shower of a team, that will probably cost two managers their jobs.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm sure we'll all be seeing Mr Poyet at the Amex in under a year. Assuming there's no miracle change in OG's team this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Most Sunderland fans accept the team is not good enough, any manager would have taken them down.

However, it is widely believed, most of the squad have a 40% wage drop clause in their contracts, so they may well keep a lot of the team together, so you'd think they would be strong candidates to bounce back, with a few new replacements. Its their strikers that have really let them down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think it has already. Watch his interviews after last night. "We cannot defend, we cannot pass, we cannot control the bol, etc., etc".

Well Gus, you're the head coach. He did at least say that it is his responsibility.

Oscar would have said "We were the better side and I am proud of my players" :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here