Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Gregory having a pop at the Albion or telling it like it is?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He looked pretty fit in the recent DS games. Gregory is just stirring things on the off chance he can sign him full time.

Stumpy Tim

I think he's having a moan at the player, not the club. After all, he was dropped by Simon Grayson because he didn't last longer than 15 minutes... seems like that criticism is following him around

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No problem with that at all . Should be kicking on and fitness being an issue points to a bad lifestyle outside the game .

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
What does this say about our DS setup?.....<br />
Maybe its why hardly any of our outbound loanees ever seem to set the world alight,.....let's hope the new facility will improve this, else we will never attract any real talent,.... this type of reputation can circulate very quickly amongst the agent community.<br/>

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can't imagine the Albion are too happy with those comments. After all, he is an Albion player, so any criticism reflects back on the Albion.

His fitness levels are appalling for somebody of his ability.

I know that if I start him he might struggle to even reach half-time.

He's been out of picture, playing academy football where the training levels are very low and you kind of get demotivated.

I know why Preston let him go, it was attributed to his fitness levels and maybe his lifestyle.

Those comments are not just directed at the player, they are implicit criticism of Albion.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Gregory is an arrogant ********.

I never take anything he says seriously.
Lost the plot big style!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He is having a pop at the club, but at the end of the day it is more up to the player to get fit, is it not? I am sure that there is nothing in his contract that says he cannot do extra fitness training outside of the club's training regime. I used to see Bobby Z training a lot, especially when overcoming an injury, when he lived in Burgess Hill.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't imagine the Albion are too happy with those comments. After all, he is an Albion player, so any criticism reflects back on the Albion.

Those comments are not just directed at the player, they are implicit criticism of Albion.

If he felt that Monakana wasn't fit enough to play how he wanted him, he could send him back, not criticise the Albion in the local paper.
I've watched him in the DS squad and he seemed fit enough then.

Gregory has had several pops at the Albion in recent times, especially when we beat his Derby team at Withdean, and when we beat Bradford with a dubious Zamora goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

He is having a pop at the club, but at the end of the day it is more up to the player to get fit, is it not? I am sure that there is nothing in his contract that says he cannot do extra fitness training outside of the club's training regime. I used to see Bobby Z training a lot, especially when overcoming an injury, when he lived in Burgess Hill.
Unless these are conversations the club as been having with JM but have fallen on deaf ears.

The club don't want to ramp it up publicly so they get Gregory to the dirty work, and can then assess JM reaction to the very public dressing down.

On the face of it, it's an odd move by Gregory, pissing on the chips of his much larger neighbour, that is desperate to promote youth talent, at the first opportunity.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If his fitness is so bad, why doesn't he send him back?
S**t stirring

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I see, so it is fine to abjectly criticise our club on these pages, make allegations and insinuations about poor practices, lack of talent, knowhow and skill, yet when a someone within the game, with professional experience and a significant playing & management career behind them says something that is constructive criticism, we lambast that too. Oh well, that’s NSC.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unless these are conversations the club as been having with JM but have fallen on deaf ears.

The club don't want to ramp it up publicly so they get Gregory to the dirty work, and can then assess JM reaction to the very public dressing down.

On the face of it, it's an odd move by Gregory, pissing on the chips of his much larger neighbour, that is desperate to promote youth talent, at the first opportunity.

Makes sense. I don't think the club would have teed up Gregory to slate him but, if he's really that unfit, must share the same concerns so can't see them being too upset by a very experienced manager going public on the subject.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I see, so it is fine to abjectly criticise our club on these pages, make allegations and insinuations about poor practices, lack of talent, knowhow and skill, yet when a someone within the game, with professional experience and a significant playing & management career behind them says something that is constructive criticism, we lambast that too. Oh well, that’s NSC.

What is said on Nsc is amongst the fans. Gregory has gone to press with his comments.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What is said on Nsc is amongst the fans. Gregory has gone to press with his comments.

I was refering to the general dismissal of JGs comments as being rubbish, sour grapes etc. He's signed someone on loan, using precious financial resources, and finds the player unfit for the job, then IMO he has the right to explain to the fans why the player is not playing a full game, despite being paid by CTFC.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Watched him play in the DS game against QPR and was impressed by his skill if not his commitment. If he could be another KLL, maybe even one who could offer 90mins of explosive speed, if only he would put in the effort for the whole game.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was refering to the general dismissal of JGs comments as being rubbish, sour grapes etc. He's signed someone on loan, using precious financial resources, and finds the player unfit for the job, then IMO he has the right to explain to the fans why the player is not playing a full game, despite being paid by CTFC.

Is he unfit for the job? He seemed fit enough when playing for the dev squad. Maybe there's an attitude problem that he didn't want to go to Crawley on loan but that is a different matter.

Did the Albion whinge publically about Lita or Obika? They may have told their parent club that they hadn't trained hard enough etc but it didn't go to press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here