Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente

_mark_

Aug 24, 2011
Just discuss.........

In these times of mid table mediocrity wasn't it a pleasure to remember "The Dagger".

How on earth he ever ended up playing for us I've no idea. It's rare to see a player so much better than everyone else on the pitch. If/when we get to the promised land of the premier league/premiership we'll get to watch some good footballers but even if Lionel or Cristiano turn up at our place I don't think they'll be head and shoulders above everyone else.

Vicente........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That mazy run and shot against Derby that hit the crossbar is a memory that will live with me forever. We didn't see that much of a fully fired up and fit Vicente but when we did it produced football to make you drool.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
It would be great to have a player who was worth the price of admission on his own, as Vicente was. We are a team without stars at the moment, although I think that KLL and Ulloa could be with the right set-up and man management. It would be great to be sitting in a full Amex with the sense of expectation that used to come about when Wardy or Bobby Z received the ball.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
It would be great to have a player who was worth the price of admission on his own, as Vicente was. We are a team without stars at the moment, although I think that KLL and Ulloa could be with the right set-up and man management. It would be great to be sitting in a full Amex with the sense of expectation that used to come about when Wardy or Bobby Z received the ball.

Agreed. We have absolutely nobody who gets you going at the moment. Lua Lua and Buckley aren't really firing lately and March isn't allowed to play very often.

Who wakes up on a Saturday morning and the first thing you think of is getting down the Amex and watching Keith Andrews do his stuff.

D

Deleted User X18H

We have not had a player like Vicente since he left. The only similar one prior to him was Martin Lambert.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Just discuss.........

In these times of mid table mediocrity wasn't it a pleasure to remember "The Dagger".

How on earth he ever ended up playing for us I've no idea. It's rare to see a player so much better than everyone else on the pitch. If/when we get to the promised land of the premier league/premiership we'll get to watch some good footballers but even if Lionel or Cristiano turn up at our place I don't think they'll be head and shoulders above everyone else.

Vicente........

Really miss him, big time

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He was amazing, the best player I've ever seen play for us by a mile. I seem to remember NSC doing nothing but moan about him though. How we could do with him to moan about now.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
That mazy run and shot against Derby that hit the crossbar is a memory that will live with me forever.

This absolutely. For that one game alone he was worth his time at the club.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
He was a success, we may have only seen half a season or so from him but he in my opinion helped bring the quality of the players that followed. And that Derby moment . . . . .

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
He was amazing, the best player I've ever seen play for us by a mile. I seem to remember NSC doing nothing but moan about him though. How we could do with him to moan about now.

NSC wouldn't be NSC without a moan and people that moan about the moaners though! Pantomime

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Just discuss.........

Vicente........

I think the Poyet factor played a big role there.

Vicente, on his day, was simply unbelievable. A shame about the injuries but lets be honest, if he was 100% fit with no niggles he would have been playing at a much higher standard. A joy to watch.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Who wakes up on a Saturday morning and the first thing you think of is getting down the Amex and watching Keith Andrews do his stuff.[/QUOTE]

Even his mother books a Tesco Direct delivery for Saturday afternoons

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Who wakes up on a Saturday morning and the first thing you think of is getting down the Amex and watching Keith Andrews do his stuff.
Edna should be along with a reply shortly, just after she's cleaned up.

Do you remember the excitement when he signed?
Oh yes. There aren't many signings completed by and NSC member at Gatwick airport.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Hi performance against Portsmouth is the one i remember most. Nil all with 20 minutes to go. Vicente comes on, 2 goals, man of the match... and no one got near him! Amazing!

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Hi performance against Portsmouth is the one i remember most. Nil all with 20 minutes to go. Vicente comes on, 2 goals, man of the match... and no one got near him! Amazing!

just for you ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here