Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aren't the chances quite good...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
..that we beat Charlton, Reading lose or draw at Bournemouth, and it's all game on again?

Shoot me for the glimmer of positivity, obviously.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
If we buck our ideas up, maybe. We'd need to see a real change in focus though. We'd need to look for four or five wins now to even stand a chance.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
At least five wins. Maybe plus a draw. Just the four teams on 58 pts now!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The last 5 games has been relegation form, the next 6 needs to be Championship-winning form. Logic dictates that is 99.9% impossible. Mentally, I'm already making plans for the play-off weekend - I blame my eyes, my ears and my brain.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We're essentially 5.5 points back now, meaning we'd need to overhaul Reading by 6 clear points to overtake them and I can't see Reading losing 2 more games than us, out of six.

It's probably now or never. Either Reading drop 5 points against Bournemouth & Leicester this week whilst we beat both Leicester & Charlton, or I think we can forget about it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sixth place isn't just between Reading and us though, there is also the small matter of Bournemouth, Ipswich and Blackburn to worry about.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Reading have pulled out a couple of decent results in the past fortnight, and may have turned a corner - but they've had their fair share of shockers. Home draw against eight-man Yeovil springs to mind, and they should have beaten us up against 10 men for that long.

I can certainly see them dropping points. It's whether we can get the wins, and as suggested above logic dictates otherwise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To be honest I can't wait for this season to be over. The second half of it - Leeds & QPR apart - has been turgid. If we get in the playoffs we'll need a miracle and if we get that miracle we are not PLR on the pitch.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sixth place isn't just between Reading and us though, there is also the small matter of Bournemouth, Ipswich and Blackburn to worry about.
Not sure if Blackburn aren't already too far back - a further 2 points behind us. But there is Forest of course.

And the only two teams I'm worried about are Reading and ourselves. We can beat anyone on our day and if we can get a result at Leicester things could be looking up because our run-in looks kind. But Reading have 5 points on us, and a better GD. I think that's too far to bridge.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Sorry, you lost me when you said "we beat"

Much more interesting is how many more wins Oscar needs to save his job. 2 or 3 at min? If we have a disastrous end to the season, the mood will be ugly at all levels of the club, not just on fan messageboards

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here