Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherwood SACKED

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has he been sacked right now, or is he being sacked in the summer? Headlines all seem to be "tottenham to replace sherwood in the summer" suggesting he will see out the season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Not quite yet - he is to be replaced in the Summer.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
...at the end of the season. No surprises there really - he was never going to get the full time gig (especially with big-name national team managers such as Van Gaal becoming available after the WC)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He was about 1/10 not be around next season just a couple of weeks ago. If I had had a spare £10,000, that's what I would have done with it. Decent interest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would LOVE it if Tottingham Hotsbridge appointed Neil LENNON.

In fact, I would love it if ANY trigger-happy Premier League team with delusions of grandeur appointed him. Him going to Norwich would be equally hilario.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would LOVE it if Tottingham Hotsbridge appointed Neil LENNON.

In fact, I would love it if ANY trigger-happy Premier League team with delusions of grandeur appointed him. Him going to Norwich would be equally hilario.

Having seen how he failed to cope in Glasgow, imagine how he'd deal with a REALLY big derby in East Anglia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Everton sneak in, when do people think the 'coveted' fourth place will next come around?

Having spent all £100+m and get beaten out by Everton does show how not to run a club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Will Gus be able to contain his excitement and not talk up how wonderful Spurs are before the game?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Poyet appointed by tea time?

A tongue in cheek post l presume?, but all joking apart, if he had set Sunderland alight, they were winning matches and safe from relegation, then he could have become the next Tottenham manager. Stranger things have happened.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It would be quite funny if Everton finally made it in for the second time - and then blew it in the qualifying round as last time.

It's one of those things that really annoys me, saying the team finishing fourth has made the Champions League. They haven't.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Presumably they had to do this to smooth the way for Van Gaal to take over? I can see a Dutch influence coming to the Lane - Huntelaar, Strootman, Blind and Sneijder to replace Soldado, Capoue, Naughton and Dembele?

I must say Van Gaal is a very good fit with Spurs, what with Vertonghen and Eriksen ex-Ajax players. I don't think they could find themselves a better manager. The X Factor is if Man Utd bite the bullet with Moyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here