Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What would your starting ELEVEN be for the rest of the SEASON?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
If we can liken the 2013/14 campaign to a game of ninety minutes, we're entering the final ten, we're 1-nil down, and we haven't yet had a shot on target.

If I were Oscar, I would go for broke. At best, he might happen upon a magic combination and snatch that last play-off spot. At worst, he will learn the results of giving certain players a prolonged run in the first XI, and answer some of the questions surrounding them.

ANKERGREN

CHICKSEN
CALDERON
DUNK
UPSON

MARCH
AGUSTIEN
LUALUA

HOSKINS
ULLOA
CMS

I would be genuinely EXCITED if that were the starting line-up for the remaining games. And - more importantly - I think it would resolve some of the questions that need to be answered before the start of next season.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
That midfield looks weak and awful

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
If we can liken the 2013/14 campaign to a game of ninety minutes, we're entering the final ten, we're 1-nil down, and we haven't yet had a shot on target.

If I were Oscar, I would go for broke. At best, he might happen upon a magic combination and snatch that last play-off spot. At worst, he will learn the results of giving certain players a prolonged run in the first XI, and answer some of the questions surrounding them.

ANKERGREN

CHICKSEN
CALDERON
DUNK
UPSON

MARCH
AGUSTIEN
LUALUA

HOSKINS
ULLOA
CMS

I would be genuinely EXCITED if that were the starting line-up for the remaining games. And - more importantly - I think it would resolve some of the questions that need to be answered before the start of next season.

We'd get completely overrun in midfield playing like that IMO. And Ankergren?!

I'd go with:

Kuszczak

Bruno
Dunk
Upson
Ward

Ince
Orlandi
Agustien

Buckley
Ulloa
LuaLua

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
So you're going for a 4-1-5? Nice!

For me it would be:
Walton

Ward
Upson
Greer
Calderon

Ince
JFC
Stephens

March
Ulloa
CMS

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Kuszczak

Bruno/Calderon
Dunk
Upson [C]
Ward

Lopez
Stephens
Ince
March

Ulloa
Mackail-Smith

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Ankergren :facepalm:

playing koosh is not going to tell you anything you don't already know. we've seen brez in the cup competitions this year, and for my money he's worse than casper. but a decent run for ankergren would allow him to demonstrate that.

The major priority is to change the formation and get some support to a battered and pissed off Ulloa, our best player. So I would switch to an attacking 4-4-2 because only gambles now are going to get us 6th place. And yes it's a nod too to the formations that will get Leicester and Burnley playing Premiership football next season.

TK

Bruno
Greer
Upson
Ward

Buckley (or March if not fit)
Stephens
Ince
LuaLua

Ulloa
CMS

By all means switch back to the 4-5-1 if we have to defend a lead at 60mins, but it would be nice to take the initiative in a game for once

Stumpy Tim

I wouldn't mind trying the diamond formation that Liverpool have been playing a lot this season:

-----------Koosh---------
Bruno--Greer--Upson--Ward
-----------Ince------------
-----Lopez----Stephens----
----------Lingaard---------
------CMS-----Ulloa-------

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
If it goes tits up in the next few games and its a cert we will not make the play offs i would not mind seeing Christian Walton in goal for the home game v Yeovil , seen him play twice and a couple of times on youtube and with respect to Anchorman and Breadvan he is much better at commanding his area from crosses . Other than that i suppose a game for Hoskins would be good for him .

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I'd have Joe Hart in goal, a defence of Leighton Baines, Seamus Coleman Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook. A midfield of Steven Gerrard, David Silva, Yaya Toure and James McCarthy and Suarez and Sturridge up top.

I'd like to see us play 2 strikers before the seasons out. I'm just not sure away to the runaway league leaders is the time to do it.

On the other hand, with expectations so low for this particular game, I hardly think any one will blame Oscar if he has a go. If he picks an attacking team but it goes down to a better-oiled outfit, I for one won't join in any anti Oscar bitching, I'd be pleased he was looking at different approaches

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
-----------------------------------------Kuzczack-----------------------------------------
Bruno--------------------------Dunk-----------------Upson------------------------Ward
------------------------------------------Andrews----------------------------------------
----------------------------------Agustien---------Stephens----------------------------
-----------CMS-------------------------------------------------------Hoskins/March---
--------------------------------------------Ulloa------------------------------------------

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here