Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Donoghue: Win Inspires Confidence

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion women head coach John Donoghue hopes that today’s victory over Chesham will inspire confidence in the side.

Two first-half strikes from Tammy Waine were enough to secure Albion the three points before Gemma Fraser scored a second-half consolation goal.He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was delighted to come away with the victory. Pity we couldn’t come away with a clean sheet, but that was down to a defensive mistake.

“I think we were quite comfortable at 2-0 and we just had to make sure we closed the game out. It’s really pleasing to get six points from our last two games."Donoghue was also pleased with the number of chances his side created on the day and being able to give Paige Adams and Paige Baker-Carroll opportunities to impress in the first team.
He added, “We’ve done a lot of work on creating more chances. I am sure we will be more clinical in our remaining games and the girls will have so much confidence from winning two games in a row.
“It was good to bring in a couple of the younger girls today. Paige Adams started the match and I’m lucky to coach her at Worthing Academy as well.
“I’ve been pleased with what she’s done and she’s been an important player for our title-winning reserve side.
“Paige Baker-Carroll also played for the final ten minutes and hopefully both players will get more game-time before the end of the season.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here