Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LINGARD - Anyone else notice that we've become even worse since he's has arrived?

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
This may have been mentioned before, but why are we playing him every game?

He's no Barnes, and misses equally well if he ever gets close enough, no Orlandi, his control is mixed and doesn't create much, no Crofts, he gets bundled off the ball too easily - actually, I'm struggling to think what he adds?

Also, am I imagining it or has our form dropped since we started playing him from the start, the only other period where we have done as badly, I think was when Ulloa was injured....last year...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He is guaranteed a starting place. We use up one of our substitutions when he is taken off midway through the second half.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I can only think he's been guaranteed a start because I don't see him deserving one. I hope this isn't the case because it reduces further OG's ability to put out a matchwinning team.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Maybe if we played to his strengths and not force a position on him he might do better.

After all against QPR when he went central just behind Ulloa, we were 2-0 up ten minutes later.

Might be a coincidence, but also might be that when players are played in their more natural positions, they produce results.

As I say, may be a coincidence as he hasn't be played there since. Well maybe when we where chasing the game at Blackburn!!!

But no, lets stick him out wide and wonder why he does **** all!!! Just add him to the list of other attacking players we have ruined!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I can only think he's been guaranteed a start because I don't see him deserving one. I hope this isn't the case because it reduces further OG's ability to put out a matchwinning team.
The only thing that reduces Oscar Garcias ability to put out a match winning team, is Oscar Garicas style of play.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Maybe if we played to his strengths and not force a position on him he might do better.

After all against QPR when he went central just behind Ulloa, we were 2-0 up ten minutes later.

Might be a coincidence, but also might be that when players are played in their more natural positions, they produce results.

As I say, may be a coincidence as he hasn't be played there since. Well maybe when we where chasing the game at Blackburn!!!

But no, lets stick him out wide and wonder why he does **** all!!! Just add him to the list of other attacking players we have ruined!

His favourite position is wide left.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Phew, I admit I was getting worried that we expected an attaching midfielder to score goals, glad he's cleared that up......

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

This, I put the same question to Jonny Cantor and he went briefly silent, I'm guessing it's a yes.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ummm....

This from the club website is a quote from Lingard:

"“I am not really an out-and-out goalscorer as some people think; I am happy to play there but I see myself more as an attacking midfielder. I like to play people through and create play – but a goal is an added bonus.”

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...ld-wednesday-1445327.aspx#GspPZiaLbve1K6yA.99

Alternativly

“I like the 4-3-3 system. I’m used to that anyway. I like coming off the left and creating from there. The lads have welcomed me in very well and I’ve settled in nicely now.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11104789.Albion_striker_insists_his_best_is_yet_to_come/

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So no one knows his postion.

Maybe he really is just shit then!

Or maybe he'll take more than 4 weeks to settle into this side. I think the '4 goals in his first game' was a massive distraction and people forgot that he hardly scored in his next 11 games. He's now starting to make good contributions and could have scored 3 against Ipswich. He's also getting others involved around him. I'd rather have him in the side than out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nothing to do with Lingarde we have gone down hill and got progressively worse since Jan window. If other teams gadnt also dropped silly points we would be lower midtable at the best.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lingard has added absolutely nothing to the team and is basically keeping our own prospects from developing. He certainly has done no better than Lua Lua on his starts yet he never gets to kick off. Complete waste of time and money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here