Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thailand

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Anyone thinking of going. .....don't hesitate, got back last week, can't wait to go back.....by the way, I'm not a backpacker......thanks for the advice from a previous post...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Thailand is becoming a bit chavvy. Lots of low cost package airlines flying there. You need to go further and further to find the old real Thailand. Although I'm sure you found somewhere fantastic, sadly it's getting more difficult.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Thailand is becoming a bit chavvy. Lots of low cost package airlines flying there. You need to go further and further to find the old real Thailand. Although I'm sure you found somewhere fantastic, sadly it's getting more difficult.

Far north. ...chiang mai and far south.....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Far north. ...chiang mai and far south.....

Did... you write like.... this before going.... or is this something... you've picked up whilst... out there?.. Could impact whether.. or not... I go...

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Some of the tourist spots in Thailand is like meeting place for chavs all over the world. Feel sorry for the normal holiday makers who have to stay around those places.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Avoid tut tut taxi drivers in Bangkok. Rogues. Not sure if I want to re visit. I enjoyed but far better places to go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Avoid tut tut taxi drivers in Bangkok. Rogues. Not sure if I want to re visit. I enjoyed but far better places to go.
I would love to take my wife to the Far East but having never been nearer that way than Cyprus where woukd you suggest as z first placd to go. I thought of Hong Kong or Singapore but am open to suggestions.

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
Did... you write like.... this before going.... or is this something... you've picked up whilst... out there?.. Could impact whether.. or not... I go...

No wrote this just now......went to Bangkok. .. Chiang Mai. ...Hau Hin. .....Koh Toa. . and back to Bangkok only had two weeks, travelled by overnight train, overnight coach and ferry, must say that I preferred the north, lovely people. ...got very hot in the afternoon. ....need any advice, just holler. ....might not matter, I'm 58....not just a place for backpackers

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Ah you were just there for the prostitutes then?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I loved it there too, not sure if it's been my favourite country overall so far on my travels but I'm heading back there next week for a couple of weeks (probably just Koh Tao, to dive and chill out) before moving on to Malaysia and finally Singapore. Boooo. I don't want to come home, the last 3 months has gone far too quickly,

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
No suggestions as yet?

For a gentle introduction to Asia, Singapore or Hong Kong is a good option.

Hong Kong's a little cheaper and has a bit more edge. Both have incredible food; Indian and Chinese influences as well as Malay in Singapore.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I would love to take my wife to the Far East but having never been nearer that way than Cyprus where woukd you suggest as z first placd to go. I thought of Hong Kong or Singapore but am open to suggestions.

Singapore sights etc can be seen in 3-4 days. If you go there I would recommend going to KL as well. Singapore to KL by bus isn't too expensive and less hassle than flight

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
No suggestions as yet?

Cambodia / Laos / Vietnam. Cheap, amazing, safe, easy. A lot more touristy than they used to be but still absolutely worth a visit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here