Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Marathon Results

Hope all NSS posters who ran the marathon got round ok today safely.

How did you fair?

I thought the crowds were down compared to recent years. Still very good, especially the last two miles. Suppose the weather was the worst for spectators over the last 5 years, but the best for the runners.

3:48 for me.

Marathon 75 next week, here I come!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?298665-BHA-v-Leicester-Score-Predictor
Don't forget to post those scores for tomorrow.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Good time Steve. You're a machine.

04:10:06 so slower than last 2 years. All going swimmingly until 12m when my calf tightened right up. Thought I'd have to pack it in but felt better shortly after. Went again and worse at about 15m when St John Ambulance chaps had to help me out with some stretching/massage. The only reason I kept going after that was that I couldn't be bothered with the faff that would be involved in getting my bag back. I'm going to throw in a man flu excuse as well. Resting for at least a couple of weeks now. Been recommended compression socks. Will probably do Bewl 15m next and doing the Palma marathon in October.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I saw a chap with a bald head in a brighton shirt? Was this you? Think he may have had glasses on too.

Cracking effort BTW!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought the crowds were smaller too, probably down to the earlier rain I guess. Last year was pretty sunny. Some Albion runners I spotted...

yrapy8yg.jpg

u8aby8yz.jpg

ejy4edun.jpg

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I thought the crowds were smaller too, probably down to the earlier rain I guess. Last year was pretty sunny. Some Albion runners I spotted...

yrapy8yg.jpg

u8aby8yz.jpg

ejy4edun.jpg

Who can name the legendary but short lived bar that was run from the Ground Floor flat directly behind the guys with hands in pockets head?

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Well pleased to set a PB at Brighton today by 27 minutes and running a time of 3:44 after having an aim of sub 4.

Wish I could give this up but considering I didn't do any long runs of over 18 in training I most definitely have a sub 3:30 in me.

I was one of the Marie Curie runners today in what was my fourth Brighton Marathon and apologies for it being the first that I haven't represented REMF but you guys have been great over previous years and I thought you deserved a year off. I am expecting 1K+ next year though especially if pink horrid girls shirt makes an appearance again.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
We'll done to everyone who took part. This year was my slowest ever time at 4:03. I ran for Macmillan this year but would love to run for REMF next year. Bath time!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I died with no training due to injury but ran anyway. 6.32 i think and a lot of pain. Money to a REMF so a good cause

Today turned into a bit of a nightmare for me after blowing up at 14 miles and having to walk or zombie shamble the rest, was aiming for something around 4:30 but slid home in 5:16. But will try again next year, already pre-signed, and will try and train harder, although I can't confess I'll ever match the workrate of NSC's best runners, some great times there everyone!

Well pleased to set a PB at Brighton today by 27 minutes and running a time of 3:44 after having an aim of sub 4.

Wish I could give this up but considering I didn't do any long runs of over 18 in training I most definitely have a sub 3:30 in me.

I was one of the Marie Curie runners today in what was my fourth Brighton Marathon and apologies for it being the first that I haven't represented REMF but you guys have been great over previous years and I thought you deserved a year off. I am expecting 1K+ next year though especially if pink horrid girls shirt makes an appearance again.

That's amazing on both your time & funds raised.

Am beginning to warm to CP now. That's wrong isn't it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do any of the runners remember turning around on franklin road (Lewes road) and a flat playing Eye of the tiger really loud? I live next door, seemed to put a smile on everyone's face n spur them on

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
My best bit of the marathon was cheering on the other runners after I'd finished. It's just brilliant fun calling people by their name and saying 'well done', 'good job' or 'not far to go'. It's not often you get to shout at people like that! Loved it!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sterling effort from the thousands again. You have my respect.

I felt a bit sad watching and not partaking. I was getting itchy feet, then I realised my flip flops had been invaded by a nest of ants.

Hopefully my shouting and mini-packets of Haribo helped someone on here.

Meant to be doing the Warsaw marathon, but haven't paid my fee. Might just aim for Brighton 2015.

Any celebs do it this year?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Fair play to you all :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here