Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Natural soap" for washing machines

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay, I have a waterproof jacket which needs a wash. Label specifies using "natural soap" in a washing machine. I have searched the internet but it only seems to throw up hippy recipes for homemade soap. Looked up Ecover but their products do not state natural on the label. Can anyone advise or supply a brand name please?

Okay, I have a waterproof jacket which needs a wash. Label specifies using "natural soap" in a washing machine. I have searched the internet but it only seems to throw up hippy recipes for homemade soap. Looked up Ecover but their products do not state natural on the label. Can anyone advise or supply a brand name please?

How odd, my wife's having exactly the same problem. She's going to use Boots Soap Flakes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How odd, my wife's having exactly the same problem. She's going to use Boots Soap Flakes.

Can I drop my jacket off at yours?

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Betterware offer "Grannys Original Soap Flakes" which they claim are suitable for washing all delicate items including waterproofs.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
If its a waterproof jacket, go to a camping/outdoor shop and get a twin pack of nikwax tech wash and tx direct wash, will wash and keep it waterproof unlike your natural soap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here