Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season=New Beginning

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I will keep it quick...

We aren't getting into the play offs this season- We don't score enough goals

Oscar & Jones are NOT right for the club- square pegs in round holes all over the place, especially with team selection, team motivation and tactics

We need to cut out some of the dead wood and this does inc semi regulars this season

(Here's the controversial part)

Kemy- bone idol
Hoskins-Always injured
Orlandi-Always injured
Buckley-Love him but a liability as always injured
Brez- Not sure I have got over that performance v Hull yet
TK- I think he maybe leaving anyway by the sounds of things

New blood is needed to replace the above

I would love to see an established management duo in place of OG & NJ. A team who knows British football and maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game.

Its critical we get some new players in who are hungry to do well for us, a good solid pre season at our shiny new training ground, with a new management team in place would set us up for a good push for promotion next season when I feel we will be realistically challenging.

I know I will be shot down for this as there will be massive divided opinion on my points but what do you think?

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Agree with a large part of that,

However we need to keep Orlandi, he is exactly what we are missing. Granted he has missed massive parts of this season but was fit for the majority of last season and showed how good he can be at this level. Same for Buckley, he is one of the only game changers we have when fit and on form.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I will keep it quick...

We aren't getting into the play offs this season- We don't score enough goals

Oscar & Jones are NOT right for the club- square pegs in round holes all over the place, especially with team selection, team motivation and tactics

We need to cut out some of the dead wood and this does inc semi regulars this season

(Here's the controversial part)

Kemy- bone idol
Hoskins-Always injured
Orlandi-Always injured
Buckley-Love him but a liability as always injured
Brez- Not sure I have got over that performance v Hull yet
TK- I think he maybe leaving anyway by the sounds of things

New blood is needed to replace the above

I would love to see an established management duo in place of OG & NJ. A team who knows British football and maybe even someone who has been part of our club previously (which ever style I don't care) Its about results and we need leaders with presence and some fire in their belly to get the team playing and up for it for every game.

Its critical we get some new players in who are hungry to do well for us, a good solid pre season at our shiny new training ground, with a new management team in place would set us up for a good push for promotion next season when I feel we will be realistically challenging.

I know I will be shot down for this as there will be massive divided opinion on my points but what do you think?

So basically you want a squad of players who never get injured, and Mickey Adams at the helm?

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
I agree that we need so more creative players in the middle but crofts was doing that well at the beginning of the season

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
So basically you want a squad of players who never get injured, and Mickey Adams at the helm?

Not Mickey Adams , think that ship has sailed. My point is enough is enough with the usual suspects being permanently injured. Its not actually been 1 season with most of them playing 1 in 4/5 games.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Although Buckley is a handful when fit. He never is fit and I think we should have let him go and held on to bridcutt

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did you even go to the Goldstone? Didn't think so

Are you only allowed an opinion if you stood on the old north stand and have a ticket stub from Hereford or something?

Stupid post.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I would ask if an established management duo would be happy with the players being selected by Burke and his gang?

I don't think an established duo would have the same dynamic as Oscar has and IMO the mindset of a player needs to be one that he is wanted by the gaffer not the Head of Football Operations.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Although Buckley is a handful when fit. He never is fit and I think we should have let him go and held on to bridcutt

He's my favourite player, absolutely love him but its killing the momentum having him in one minute and not the next. There are players out there who we can get in and get more out of them

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Are you only allowed an opinion if you stood on the old north stand and have a ticket stub from Hereford or something?

Stupid post.

I agree as I was born 5 months after the last game at the goldstone was played

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Stupid post.

There are a lot of new fans here with new views which are chequered I think you will agree

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here