Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barring a miracle we'll equal a record next season

Albion Rob

The most consecutive seasons we've spent in the second tier is four. So assuming there's no miracle this season we'll be starting our fourth successive year in this division next season. Slightly worryingly, the two previous occasions our fourth season has ended in relegation.

The only time we got out of this division the 'right' way we'd been here two seasons.

So, I guess as long as we don't go down next season, this would qualify as the second most successful period in the club's history (all relative, of course, back to back title wins is probably more satisfying than five upper mid table second tier).

Fascinating stuff, eh?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The most consecutive seasons we've spent in the second tier is four. So assuming there's no miracle this season we'll be starting our fourth successive year in this division next season. Slightly worryingly, the two previous occasions our fourth season has ended in relegation.

The only time we got out of this division the 'right' way we'd been here two seasons.

So, I guess as long as we don't go down next season, this would qualify as the second most successful period in the club's history (all relative, of course, back to back title wins is probably more satisfying than five upper mid table second tier).

Fascinating stuff, eh?

And to think some of our muppet fans think we are better than Palace and we are under achieving.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
wow that surprises me

we were mainly a third tier club I guess in the past (pre mid 70s)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Still in bed. We are only like 18 points above relegation.

No Barnes, PIG, bridcutt is worth about them amount of points.

Come on dude, pig has actually cost us points this season, and our season has not collapsed since Bridcutt left, we were not in the play offs when he left and we are not now... As for Barnes he was not a game changer, just a good solid work horse.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Back in the day at Withdean I would have taken 4-5 seasons battling each season and being around the playoffs in the Championship.

It's gutting when we lose and can easily ruin a weekend but when you look at it sensibly we are doing very well. We still have the same set up as we did then apart from the stadium. When the new training ground etc is finished and we have had full summer to prepare and get in players that play the Oscar way then I think we will be OK.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Call me unambitious but I'd settle for being a top 10 Championship team pretty much indefinitely, if we could just make the football a bit more entertaining, and we go on the odd cup run. The Premier League isn't the be-all and end-all for me because the odds are always going to be loaded against us there. At least at this level most teams are competitive.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Call me unambitious but I'd settle for being a top 10 Championship team pretty much indefinitely, if we could just make the football a bit more entertaining, and we go on the odd cup run. The Premier League isn't the be-all and end-all for me because the odds are always going to be loaded against us there. At least at this level most teams are competitive.
Good comments.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Said this all season

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
1920/21 - Original Members of Division Three
1921-1958 - Division Three South
1958-1962 - Division Two
1962-1963 - Division Three
1963-1965 - Division Four
1965-1972 - Division Three
1972-1973 - Division Two
1973-1977 - Division Three
1977-1979 - Division Two
1979-1983 - Division One
1983-1987 - Division Two
1987-1988 - Division Three
1988-1992 - Division Two
1993-1996 - Division Three
1996-2001 - Division Four
2001-2002 - Division Three
2002-2003 - Division Two
2003-2004 - Division Three
2004-2006 - Division Two
2006-2011 - Division Three
2011-2014 - Division Two

25 years out of 94 in either the top flight (4) or the second tier (21)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here