Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should BHA get Gus back, for next season? Can't see us getting to playoffs

Should Gus Poyet be invited back as manager for next season?

• Yes

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • No - keep Oscar

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • Gus who?

Votes: 31 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Where's the option for "Shouldn't have sacked him in the first place." ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If this happened then I'd go and have a shit in the home dugout.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
To be clear. Poyet's relationship with the board at the Albion had broken down long before he went, and I am 100% certain in my own mind that he would have quit in the summer anyway, even if he hadn't been fired.

(1) He'd never come back, his pride would see to that, and (2) the board wouldn't ask him, arguably for the same reasons.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To be clear. Poyet's relationship with the board at the Albion had broken down long before he went, and I am 100% certain in my own mind that he would have quit in the summer anyway, even if he hadn't been fired.

(1) He'd never come back, his pride would see to that, and (2) the board wouldn't ask him, arguably for the same reasons.

Quite.

And arguably the only time he did get the team going was after he had asked to leave! Which is bizarre.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No way. We should have worked with him to keep him in the first place. That ship has sailed now.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Quite.

And arguably the only time he did get the team going was after he had asked to leave! Which is bizarre.

Yeah. Apart from winning the League 1 Championship easily and then challenging for the play-offs in the (much harder) division above in the first season back in it, obviously.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Yeah. Apart from winning the League 1 Championship easily and then challenging for the play-offs in the (much harder) division above in the first season back in it, obviously.

Well yes, alright then :). But that last 10 games after he wanted to leave was the best run we had in the Championship when we needed it, which I still find very odd. The previous season we collapsed in the last 10 games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, we are well rid of his shenanigans, and he is someone else's problem.

Stick with Oscar, or if not, Anyone But Gus.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously that wouldnt happen but if Oscar were to walk away whst about Charlie Oatway to take over or even come as no 2 to Oscar next season if OG is still head coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here