Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eight and a half hour round journey - £100+ quid in expenses.......

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
...a huge opportunity cost and lost goodwill with the other half

For a crock of s*it like that.

I have never felt so f***ed off at leaving a ground as today.

Only two players actually tried - Kaz and Macca.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I feel very sorry for the fans who travelled today. I made a conscious decision not to go, having seen what has been dished up recently.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Welcome to the world of the useless Spanish Plank that is Garcia. Still, loads on here still seem to think it's not his fault. I admire your fortitude to travel all the way up there probably with a sneaking suspicion that you were gonna watch utter gash!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
We needed to win - and we played like we we'd been promoted already. That
is what is so annoying. No urgency, no desire and no cutting edge.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
and that Lingaard bloke..........I could hit a f****** ball better.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

TB has put more than a million times that into the club. I'm sure he will sort it out for us. I think if the players had some of the fire shown on this board, we would be in a better position. Leicester Tuesday? UTA

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Just on my way back from Barnsley now. A member of our group was a Newcastle fan. He echoed the comments above. We play with no urgency and no passion. We are a boring team to watch. We don't score many and we don't concede many either. The most likely team in the division to have a 0-0 bore draw.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

When the board went up with 4 minutes stoppage time showing all of us in the away end knew there was 4 minutes left to save the season but the players didn't share the same opinion.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
It's like 11 people thrown together just before kick off who don't know each other and haven't got a clue what they should be doing. I do wonder what happens during the week on the training ground. Seems like our new base could be wasted on the first team!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said, huge respect for going.
But if the effort, expense, and goodwill was going to come at a price you couldn't swallow without crying on here.

Why go?

You couldn't have seen something v Ipswich, 'boro, Wednesday :lol: or Blackburn, that would make you think today wasn't going to be any different.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's like 11 people thrown together just before kick off who don't know each other and haven't got a clue what they should be doing. I do wonder what happens during the week on the training ground. Seems like our new base could be wasted on the first team!!

There have been a fair few times, this season, when I've left The AMEX thinking:-

'we are so close to giving somebody an absolute shoeing', 'I wouldn't want to be the next team we play'.

Every single time, the next game, we've played like 11 people thrown together just before kick off, and the process starts again.

Only this time there's been no 'rebuild' just a listless resignation about the team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More money than sense. Heroes.

I know a couple of fans who took out Platinum membership at the start of the season because they enjoy going to away games as part of their social life. I also know they don't have a great deal of money. They are being let down badly. They may be heroes but they expect the team to be heroes too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It wasn't great today but that's football for you.

We totally seem to lack confidence today and Ulloa lost the plot totally towards the end of the 1st half and was very close to seeing red.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I know a couple of fans who took out Platinum membership at the start of the season because they enjoy going to away games as part of their social life. I also know they don't have a great deal of money. They are being let down badly. They may be heroes but they expect the team to be heroes too.

You missed the sarcasm Sheldon.

Football isn't a guarantee of good performances and entertaining football. I'm sure the social side of it made up for the point away.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Without any real pace in the team yet again.

I'm at a loss yet again to explain why the tactic seems to be to hold in games until the 60-70th minute and then start attacking with purpose.

It's crazy. Why not go for it from the start?

Only thing to put a smile on my face today was how great CMS looked. If he'd played the whole second half we may have won. Calders also played well to be fair.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here