Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - last laugh

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And to think there were plenty of Brighton fans who didn't think he was above League One class. The bloke's heading for the Premier League.

He might not play much, but he'll get at least a season and play some.

And he's going to be there a long time before some of those who endlessly slagged him off are watching Brighton in the PL (if we ever get there).

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yet, he still only managed to score seven gaols all season... Just stating a fact ;)

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Letting ash go was a huge mistake. We may have lost him on a free at the end of the season, we also lost our chance of playoffs when we didn't replace him.

A gamble, that we have lost out on.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Scored one goal for Burnley since he left in January. If the figure is anywhere near as much as being reported, we have already had the last laugh.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Letting ash go was a huge mistake. We may have lost him on a free at the end of the season, we also lost our chance of playoffs when we didn't replace him.

A gamble, that we have lost out on.

We didn't let him go, he didn't want to sign a new contract, so we either got some money for him in January or we let him for free in the summer!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Scored one goal for Burnley since he left in January. If the figure is anywhere near as much as being reported, we have already had the last laugh.

He hasn't started many games.

To be honest the time for making yourself an instant hero at Burnley is now, to get them over the line without Vokes and Ings with the job 90 per cent done.

Arfield stepped up today with a huge goal, given other results. Could be Barnes v Barnsley on Tuesday.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He scored today but it was offside.

Lest some forget, 'that' thread that was slagging him off so badly said he wasn't League 1 standard.

In the next week or two, he will have a division winners medal and a promotion medal. He's also reportedly getting nearly double his wages. I think he's laughing quite loudly.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
And to think there were plenty of Brighton fans who didn't think he was above League One class. The bloke's heading for the Premier League.

He might not play much, but he'll get at least a season and play some.

And he's going to be there a long time before some of those who endlessly slagged him off are watching Brighton in the PL (if we ever get there).

You think they will keep him in team for prem?:O

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
He hasn't started many games.

To be honest the time for making yourself an instant hero at Burnley is now, to get them over the line without Vokes and Ings with the job 90 per cent done.

Arfield stepped up today with a huge goal, given other results. Could be Barnes v Barnsley on Tuesday.

Don't be ridiculous, Barnsley are near on impossible to break down :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

How do you work that out? We have taken 2 pts out of 15 down the stretch and can't hit a barn door. I don't see too many Albion fans laughing about that.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How do you work that out? We have taken 2 pts out of 15 down the stretch and can't hit a barn door. I don't see too many Albion fans laughing about that.

Us taking 2 points from 15 between mid-March and April has no direct correlation with us losing Barnes in January. A number of factors contribute to our ineptitude, not one of them being Ashley Barnes' absence.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Us taking 2 points from 15 between mid-March and April has no direct correlation with us losing Barnes in January. A number of factors contribute to our ineptitude, not one of them being Ashley Barnes' absence.

You said we have had the last laugh. I can't see any valid justification for that remark. None. Rodriguez for Barnes? Give me Ashley back tomorrow.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
You said we have had the last laugh. I can't see any valid justification for that remark. None. Rodriguez for Barnes? Give me Ashley back tomorrow.

I suppose my argument arises from the fact that Ashley wasn't particularly good at football. Where he ends up in his career is of no interest or relevance to me :shrug:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

Both have scored the sane number of goals since Barnes left... (I'm not saying he's better, just stating a FACT).

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose my argument arises from the fact that Ashley wasn't particularly good at football. Where he ends up in his career is of no interest or relevance to me :shrug:

Well, as the thread title suggests, he is laughing at you and your ilk. Because he is headed for the Prem. And we aren't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here