Yeovil 40%
Bournemouth 43%
Reading 47%
Birmingham 39%
Bolton 44%
Middlesborough 48%
Milwall 41%

Only one team achieved more than 50%

In our last 3 or 4 games and perhaps more, we have had the greater possession. Is this the area that we are going wrong.
In a previous post it was said that too much possession allowed the opposition to regroup, I can see sense in this argument. Opinions ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Often teams that win, especially by narrow margins, have less possession because they score, then sit back and protect their lead, letting opposition keep the ball as long as they can keep them away from goal.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Often teams that win, especially by narrow margins, have less possession because they score, then sit back and protect their lead, letting opposition keep the ball as long as they can keep them away from goal.

I care more about us hitting the back of the net then passing it amongst ourselves around the back four.
Our football this season has become boring.

Earth Rod

Jul 17, 2011
Everton 3-0 up v arsenal with 39% possession

Some Man City examples
H 4-1 v saints 44%
a 3-0 v man u 47%
A 2-0 v hull 46%
h 6-3 v arsenal 52%

our only recent home victory v QPR we had only 44% - lowest of any home game this season i think

draw your own conclusions Mr Garcia.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
I just don't think we attack fast enough. It's frustrating seeing for example Greer with the ball in defence, look up and see, say Buckley make a run across the defence into space before going offside. Ulloa make a different run with the same result and then maybe lingard do a third seperate run before he then decides to do a 10 yard sideways pass to Upson instead of pick out one of the runs and set off an attack.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just don't think we attack fast enough. It's frustrating seeing for example Greer with the ball in defence, look up and see, say Buckley make a run across the defence into space before going offside. Ulloa make a different run with the same result and then maybe lingard do a third seperate run before he then decides to do a 10 yard sideways pass to Upson instead of pick out one of the runs and set off an attack.

It's more than a bit worrying that just about every team that has visited the Amex this season has had much more of an idea what they want to do with the ball when they're on the attack than we do.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008

Agree - we don't attack fast enough, or attack the oppositions penalty area in sufficient numbers. We tend to go out wide and put in crosses, but with only a solitary striker in the box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here