Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is responsible for the lack of goals?

Who is responsible for the lack of goals?

• Total voters

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
The only teams to have scored less goals than us this year are placed 21st, 20th, 19th, 22nd, 24th and 23rd. Unacceptable.

Whilst i'm not yet in the 'Oscar Out' camp, I do think that he is mainly responsible for the lack of goals. The main thing that has frustrated me is that we got ourselves in a great position after the Bolton win and have thrown it away.

So, who thinks it is the players' fault we can't score, or who agrees and thinks Oscar is to blame?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The only teams to have scored less goals than us this year are placed 21st, 20th, 19th, 22nd, 24th and 23rd. Unacceptable.

Whilst i'm not yet in the 'Oscar Out' camp, I do think that he is mainly responsible for the lack of goals. The main thing that has frustrated me is that we got ourselves in a great position after the Bolton win and have thrown it away.

So, who thinks it is the players' fault we can't score, or who agrees and thinks Oscar is to blame?

Players---end of.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
The team we're playing, we have no divine right to win every game.

Barnsley are fighting for their championship survival ya know

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
Well the players are yes but telling the players to sit back with 15 min to go when the Barnsley were down to ten men no wonder we didn't score today so oscar has to take some of the blame

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
Mix of the three options.

Oscar - He has set our team up to grind out 1-0 wins. No matter if you call it 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 it's slow, awkward and lumbering.

Poyet - Oscars using the team he put together. We averaged 1.5 goals a game last season. Hardly Man City, were we?

The Players - Lack of movement, lack of desire, lack of quality.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The board for selling Barnes and bringing in sub standard replacements.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Although i voted for Jones its obviously the players. They need to sort it out a bit.
In all honesty i think Oscar would love a clear out of most of this lot.
Defence - old and slow. Upson is quality but we could do with 3 new defenders around him.
Wingers - erratic and final ball is appalling. I personally would keep Buckley and March that is all
Midfield - some have futures but not that many. I would keep Crofts Stephens and Ince. Orlandi as well if he was ever fit
CF - ironically when they are all fit i would say Ulloa CMS and Hoskins all have something to offer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have clear cut chances every game which we tend to miss 90% of the time. The players are to blame of course, These are not half chances either. Can I blame opposition goalkeepers who look world class against us whilst our keeper seldom looks better than average?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

Is it the lack of goals you find unacceptable or the lack of numerical order in your post?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
All the time we are averaging 27000 gates at home, we will continue to play turgid football. A holding midfielder in front of the back four means we can only have one up top meaning while we concede few goals, we also don't score many. A change of dynamic to doing away with the Ince role and playing two up top would mean we would prob concede a few more, but would score more, causing greater customer excitement-expectation satisfaction :)

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The players, every single one of them should have more goals and its not through a lack of chances

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I just want to be entertained win-lose or draw:)
If Oscar can score twenty goals a season that would be a start:dunce:

Well, to be honest, we need a 20-goal manager, and a director of football with soft hands.
And a chief scout who's got a good long throw-in on him.
Because the trouble is never on the pitch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I would blame the situation with the front six: injuries to CMS, Hoskins, Orlandi, Buckley a lot, and Crofts for half a season, the sales of Bridcutt and Barnes. But I'd also blame our wide players for a paltry goal return and Ulloa hasn't been brilliant this season. To the extent that I blame Oscar, it's only for picking an unadventurous midfield three too often and, at times, a defensive set-up with the attacking wide players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here