Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barnsley player ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
PIG 6: Not much to do, distribution not PLR though.
Calde 6: Got forward a lot and defended well against Jennings
Ward 5: Given a run around in first half and deservedly booked. Improved second half
Greer 6: Good stopping, less impressive when on the ball
Upson 6.5 Similar to Greer
Andrews 6: Seemed to play as third centre half for most of match which summed up our attacking intent.
Stephens 5: A bit like a blind date that you think is going to be interesting but fizzles out. £750k for a less threatening version of Dean Hammond.
March 6: One great dribble but caught the poor passing disease of his teammates.
Lingard 5: One great lay off to Leo but disappears too easily
Ulloa 6: Won a fair share in the air and looked a class above anyone when on the ball, but too in our half or out wide.
Rodney 3: Dreadful.
Subs
Kaz 6: One shot just wide but little opportunity to run at defenders
CMS 5: Ran about a lot.

All in all a very dispiriting game with little to get excited about. Score reflects ineptness of both teams.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not going to give ratings but Ulloa looked disinterested after his first half tantrum. Greer and Andrews kept giving the ball away. Stephens didn't boss the midfield like he did at Bolton three weeks ago

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thank god Bruno wasn't playing

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not going to give ratings but Ulloa looked disinterested after his first half tantrum. Greer and Andrews kept giving the ball away. Stephens didn't boss the midfield like he did at Bolton three weeks ago

Hard for Stephens to find any consistent form whilst constantly being in and out of the team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak 5
Calderon 5
Greer 4
Upson 5
Ward 5
Andrews 5
March 5
Stephens 5
Lingard 4
Ulloa 4
Rodriguez 4

subs
LuaLua 5
CMS 5

Ulloa needs to be told to man up because he won't get a free kick every time he is shoved in the back , ankle tapped or elbowed in the ribs. When Barnsley went down to 10 men we still didn't have a clue on how to break them down , it was just the usual approach that Oscar has instilled into them.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Getting a bit fed up will Ulloa's tantrums; he could have been sent off in the first half for 2 yellows. His hold up play when he stopped throwing himself to the ground was decent though.

BHAMalcom

Nov 15, 2012
If we are going to pursue a passing game please please Oscar drop Gordon Greer.

That is all.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Greer got forward well but was a big risk in our own box... but was a lower risk than Wardy. Worst I've seen Wardy play all year.

Leo was clearly very frustrated, lost his temper a lot and was lucky not to get sent off, especially when he kicked out pretty blatantly a little while after his yellow card.

The midfield was invisible. Lingard has no self-belief, Rodney was a step behind everyone else. Andrews got forward well on occasion but was never going to find a killer ball or threaten their goal. Stephens just looked lost.

KLL was the only one to take a shot when the chance arose and CMS ran his heart out while he was on.

Apart from that, no one is worthy of any comment. We were poor.

Leicester better look out because when the backlash to the last five games comes it's going to be pretty violent.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
As said, a poor display. Comment-worthy:

Pig: distribution needs work
Greer: long ball passing wasteful. Sometimes shocking.
March: looks more accomplished every time I see him. Promising.
Kaz: has to start. Provides a that no one else does. Nothing new there.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Elsewhere, my first time to Barnsley and a good day out. Ground near the station and a nice old ground that seems like it's been on that site for a century. Friendly locals.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Elsewhere, my first time to Barnsley and a good day out. Ground near the station and a nice old ground that seems like it's been on that site for a century. Friendly locals.

that's what Football is all about...we don't really want PL do we?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Over the past few weeks I keep hoping for a better performance, believing that somehow it must all come together and we'll score a few goals. Unfortunately it just never happens. Yesterday the players lacked passion again and frankly looked like they'd never played together before. They were also bereft of ideas and confidence and seemingly had no idea what to do with the ball when they had it at their feet. I would make a couple of exceptions, those being March who I thought had a very good game and deserves to start more often, and CMS who showed more passion and interest in the 15 minutes he was on the pitch than most of his team mates did in 90 minutes. And to be fair Calderon didn't have a bad game.

We were absolutely dire in the first 15 minutes, improved a little as the half wore on, and second half was again a little better but way way below what we need to get into the playoffs. And far too much long ball stuff which achieved absolutely zilch.

Kuszczack 6. At least two kicks direct into touch otherwise OK.
Calderon 7. Decent enough performance. One opportunity to score which he should have done better with.
Greer 4. Far too much hoofing. Replace him with Dunk.
Upson 7. OK performance
Ward 5. Probably the worst performance I have seen from him. Gave away two or three free kicks in very dangerous positions in the first 15 minutes.
Andrews 4. Why was he playing as a third central defender? Worse than Hammond at backward passes.
Stephens 5. Was hoping for more from him. Largely missing in the 1st half.
Rodrigues 3. Did nothing. Have no idea why we signed him.
March 7. Looked very good at times and certainly did his best to inject something positive into the game. MOM.
Lingard 6. Still nowhere as good as the hype suggested.
Ulloa 6. Needs to man up. He's a big guy and will not win all the free kicks he thinks he deserves. Nowhere near at his best.

Subs:
KLL 6. We needed him on the wing, but instead played mostly in the middle. At least brought something positive to the line-up, but didn't see enough of the ball.
CMS 7. Great to see him back on the pitch. Gave his all for 15 mins including one great run.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ward 5. Probably the worst performance I have seen from him. Gave away two or three free kicks in very dangerous positions in the first 15 minutes.
Rodrigues 3. Did nothing. Have no idea why we signed him.
Ulloa 6. Needs to man up. He's a big guy and will not win all the free kicks he thinks he deserves. Nowhere near at his best.
CMS 7. Great to see him back on the pitch. Gave his all for 15 mins including one great run.

Sorry, OT and wasn't there but just wanted to chip in with a few thoughts on these

Ward ... have been getting the sense from recent interviews that he was well up for a crack at the play offs. Now it's gone maybe he's thinking why only me (and a couple of others)?
Rod ... great goal at Blackburn aside have thought this from day 1
Ulloa ... ever since he came back he's been acting up like this ???
CMS ... I wish his spirit would rub off on a few

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Averages (3 votes)

Starters
Upson 6.17
Calderon 6.00
March 6.00
Kuszczak 5.67
Ulloa 5.33