Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Manager

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Instead of asking why the manager should be sacked perhaps we should put the question round the other way. Why should the manager be kept? I cant think of any positive reason except perhaps the emergence of Ince and the doubtful rationale that he has not yet had enough time. Where are the other positives?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Because despite injuries, the sale of the player of the season for the last two seasons along with others, the emergence of the youth and having to do with cast-offs from other teams we are still within a fighting chance of the play offs going into the back end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because we need stability and he has not been given enough time taking into account the shit storm he arrived into.

There is no manager that can guarantee promotion or better results without being given at least as much money to spend as the teams we are trying to emulate. Mid table budget mid table team.

As it happens I am happy with the way this club is progressing and this is a fantastic league that we are in. I am happy here at the moment although very disappointed with the results over the last two weeks.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
I remain to be convinced that he is being allowed to bring the players he would like. If he is, then I don't think his selections are up to much. If he isn't, why not? I feel at the moment the jury is out but the team at the start of next season will prove one way or the other.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Despite the recent run of form, given the circumstances, Oscar has had a good first season.

We have a mid-table squad on paper and that is where we will finish. You can't expect the man to perform miracles, especially in his first season.

....and a low mid table budget.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
-- One of the most respected up-and-coming coaches on the continent
-- Training ground coming in a few weeks
-- Not been helped by injuries to attacking players this season, CMS now back, his original aim was to play Orlandi in attacking CM role and he's been on the pitch for the equivalent of about seven games this season
-- Now familiar with the Championship
-- Chopping and changing managers is a bad strategy
-- Given the number of players whose contracts are up in the summer or are returning to their home clubs, he'll be able to put together a team that we can blame him for if things really do turn sour...
-- ... which will give him the chance to try and identify a goal-scoring attacking CM, two wide players that know where the net is, and consider whether Ulloa really is the player to score 20+ goals next season, or whether we should look elsewhere
-- contacts in Spain and Barcelona, which is arguably the most likely location for quality and value

On the negative side:
-- his selections in midfield have been disappointing -- this is not something that we can blame him for today, but he's picked Andrews, Ince and JFC too many times for my liking
-- I'm genuinely unsure whether a manager as calm as Oscar is a good thing
--

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
-- Not been helped by injuries to attacking players this season, CMS now back, his original aim was to play Orlandi in attacking CM role and he's been on the pitch for the equivalent of about seven games this season
-- Given the number of players whose contracts are up in the summer or are returning to their home clubs, he'll be able to put together a team that we can blame him for if things really do turn sour...
-- ... which will give him the chance to try and identify a goal-scoring attacking CM, two wide players that know where the net is, and consider whether Ulloa really is the player to score 20+ goals next season, or whether we should look elsewhere
-- contacts in Spain and Barcelona, which is arguably the most likely location for quality and value

On the negative side:
-- his selections in midfield have been disappointing -- this is not something that we can blame him for today, but he's picked Andrews, Ince and JFC too many times for my liking
--

Really? How do you qualify this bold statement?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

On the negative side:
--

David Rodriguez ?

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Instead of asking why the manager should be sacked perhaps we should put the question round the other way. Why should the manager be kept? I cant think of any positive reason except perhaps the emergence of Ince and the doubtful rationale that he has not yet had enough time. Where are the other positives?

Its been 16 bloody weeks. Take it you changed everything in your job in that time and were 100% at the top of your game?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The following reasons has made the season difficult:

1) The whole Poyet situation

2) Oscar not having a full pre-season

3) signing players have be difficult because of FFP (we have a 14M deficit)

4) Persistent injuries throughout season to key players

5) Crofts getting injured = we have to play Andrews

And we're still in the playoff hunt, I'm not complaining.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
A manager should be given 2 seasons. Judge him in a years' time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IF you believe some on here. But if you think Buckley, Ulloa, Kuszczak, Upson, Lualua, Bruno etc. only command 'mid-table' wages, you're kidding yourself.

Oscar said we are 15th in the Championship in terms of budget. It was last week on the club website.

sahel

Jan 24, 2014
Its been 16 bloody weeks. Take it you changed everything in your job in that time and were 100% at the top of your game?

I was always taught that the test of a good leader was how quickly he/she identified a mistake and put it right. Tony Bloom has to decide now whether Oscar or others were mistakes not wait until next season. I am sure that that is what he is doing because he has had time to judge them and he is clearly a shrewd man. If something does not change I think it could be a relegation fight next year!

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
It's a matter of opinions but even the most patient & loyal supporter must sense the Oscar experiment is failing. Does anyone really expect a huge transformation next season from this?
Sure, give the guy a chance, no knee-jerk sackings but be realistic & don't be surprised if we are in exactly the same position this time next season.
Any premiership ambitions have been put on the back burner in my mind for the next 2 seasons at least. One to realise Oscar isn't up to it and another for the new manager to enjoy their 'transition'.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's a matter of opinions but even the most patient & loyal supporter must sense the Oscar experiment is failing. Does anyone really expect a huge transformation next season from this? .

No. But then I'm not seeing a huge transformation from last season to this, either.

Last year we were lucky, and the table flattered to deceive. This year, we're probably getting a straight grade, and not getting marked on the curve.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham

Please F off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here