Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar has lost the fans

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Well the majority of them I say, myself included. 500 away fans chanting "attack, attack, attack attack attack" and pointing their fingers at you after the final whistle after yet another gutless half hearted display.

Even a few choruses of "you don't know what you're doing".

Massively disappointing today, and to sum it up LuaLua comes on and plays central. What's that all about?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No, he hasnt lost a majority at all - he has lost the ones who all want success immediately. A minority - yes, but even a 4th place finish last year couldnt please a minority.

Again, its the players who arent giving it everything, they are the ones being gutless and putting in a half-hearted shift. No passion or fight again by the sounds of it, aside from Blackburn on Tuesday, its been lacking for a good few games.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No, he hasnt lost a majority at all - he has lost the ones who all want success immediately. A minority - yes, but even a 4th place finish last year couldnt please a minority.

Again, its the players who arent giving it everything, they are the ones being gutless and putting in a half-hearted shift. No passion or fight again by the sounds of it, aside from Blackburn on Tuesday, its been lacking for a good few games.

I think he is describing the away fans at Barnsley today.

Feb 3, 2013
Spoke to kaz after the game and he sayed oscar says nothing to him except to play more central to let ward go forward which doesn't happen much anyway. This is worrying in my eyes.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

I don't want immediate success but I would like to see our team actually play with that little bit of passion. And players playing in their best position, not Andrews centre back, not LuaLua centre mid, not CMS on the left wing.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
He didn't say it did. He said the majority of the 500 or at least that's how I read it.

Ah, having re-read it, it does make sense, but I still fail to see how shouting "attack attack attack" means that the fans dont believe in the manager. Sure the minority shouting the other stuff does, but not the majority.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He hasn't lost us, we're hiding. Nobody tell him and then hopefully he might just **** off.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I don't this it's anything to do with success to be honest and the idea that those who are starting to question Oscar is purely down to league position is far from the truth.

My issue with Oscar is he has been in this job sine last summer and I am no closer to understanding what he is trying to achieve here. We seem to have no pattern to our play, a lack of ideas going forward and players who were stars for us last season looking a shadow of themselves this term. This coupled with perhaps the biggest issue of all is that thousand of people are shelling out on tickets and travel each week out to watch some of the dullest football we have played for a long time.

This season was all about transition but with a good few months under his belt I would be expecting to see at least a few hopeful signs of what Oscar is bringing to the table.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
There's no denying that a great majority of the fans are definitely having doubts about the current managerial set up. For me there's no passion, no fight, no attacking football.

As far as I can see anyway.....

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Rubbish! I have no major desires for the PL, less games, lots of defeats and more costs. However he has lost me because of his negative tactics and he is proving that he can not get the best out of his players. I think most would be a lot happy if we showed some attacking intent every now and again. Did you listen to him on the radio, the usual crap that we were the better side and made a lot of chances rubbish! Who do you think motivates the players? Maybe they have no clue what they are supposed to be doing as their manager has the charisma of a paperclip!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
There's no denying that a great majority of the fans are definitely having doubts about the current managerial set up. For me there's no passion, no fight, no attacking football.

As far as I can see anyway.....

There is, 50% are supporting Oscar on another topic, with 25% wanting him out and the rest undecided. 1 in 4 isnt a majority.

There is no passion or fight though, that comes down to the players. That said, I wouldnt mind knowing what Oscar says to the players, as it isnt firing them up enough clearly.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Bloom had a 5 year plan and wanted a top 6 finish this season. I'd bet he'll be very unhappy with a top 12th finish after the millions he's pumped in.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Bloom had a 5 year plan and wanted a top 6 finish this season. I'd bet he'll be very unhappy with a top 12th finish after the millions he's pumped in.

5 year plan with Gus, who decided he wanted to be a PL manager sooner rather than later (which is working out well). TB knows everything which has happened and would probably understand why we might not reach the play-offs similarly, he will understand EVERYTHING what is happening in the club. A top 10 finish isnt the end of the world, disappointing after last season - yes, but it isnt that bad and is a good building point for next season, much like the 11/12 season where we flirted with the play-offs but then dropped out of contention.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There is no passion or fight though, that comes down to the players. That said, I wouldnt mind knowing what Oscar says to the players, as it isnt firing them up enough clearly.
There was one today who had more passion and fight then all of the others and he only played 15 minutes

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here