Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Duggan Praises Amex Crowd

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
England Women striker Toni Duggan praised the support of the Amex crowd as Mark Sampson’s side thrashed Montenegro at the Amex.The Manchester City striker netted a hat-trick, including a strike in the opening minute, and admitted that she thoroughly enjoyed playing in Brighton.

She told seagulls.co.uk, “These are the types of pitches and stadiums that we want to play as footballers.

"There was a great turnout today and hopefully they will all want to come back and watch women’s football.“The crowd were really spurring us on, shouting for 10 goals and they’re helping to improve us as players.
“We would love them all to watch us next month when we play Ukraine.”
Today’s result leaves England on top of their qualification group with a 100 per cent record from five games without conceding and Duggan is proud of their collective achievement.
She added, “We achieved what we set out to do on the day; we got the victory scoring plenty of goals and I’m really proud of the way the team played.
“To score a hat-trick was also incredible, but just to be in the starting 11 is great and hopefully I can keep my place.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here