Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Picture special: England - with new skipper - show their skills at the Amex [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Picture special: England - with new skipper - show their skills at the Amex[/h]7:07pm Friday 4th April 2014 in Albion
2958873.jpg
England skipper Steph Houghton faces the media

England Women will have a new permanent captain when they go for goals at the Amex tomorrow.
Manchester City defender Steph Houghton will lead the side out for their World Cup qualifier against Montenegro.
England are aiming for a fifth win out of five in their qualifying group as they target a place in the finals in Canada next year.
Houghton has been chosen by head coach Mark Sampson to lead the team permanently.
Capped 44 times, she has captained England twice under Sampson, in a January friendly against Norway and in the Cyprus Cup against Canada.
Sampson said: “When I started as head coach I knew that I wanted a captain who would lead the side for a long time coming, as we build the team and work towards success.
“Steph has many of the qualities needed to be an inspirational leader and the attributes that I want our team to epitomise. She’s honest, hard-working, ambitious and has a winning attitude.
“At 25, Steph also has the room and time to improve as a player and grow as a leader, which fits in perfectly with our vision for the team."
England had a run out at the Amex todayas they build up to tomorrow's clash (12.55pm) and seemed to be enjoying their surroundings.
Our photographer Liz Finlayson captured the action.
Tickets for the game, priced £5 for adults and £2.50 for juniors,*remain on sale via seagulls.co.uk or by calling 0844 327 1901

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here