Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Matt's Year to Remember

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

He first got involved in wheelchair sport in 2008, taking part in local sessions run by AITC, but only started playing competitive powerchair football for the AITC team in 2011. In 2013, he was called up twice by England to take part in special two-day training camps at St. George’s Park, the FA’s the FA’s new national training centre, after impressing in the team’s early games in the Powerchair Premiership.Last week he was named as a stand-by for the England squad for the Powerchair European Championships in Ireland in July.
Recalling the moment when he got his first squad call up in 2013, Matt said, “I couldn’t believe it when I got the e-mail from the WFA telling me I had been called up. I had to get my Mum to read it out to me! Everyone who plays football when they are young wants to play for their country so I was really proud,”
“Without Albion in the Community, I would never have had the chance to have such an amazing experience.”
To find out more about Matt's story and download the full annual report click here.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here