Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The One Show tonight Kathleen Turner ....

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
She has had very bad rheumatoid arthritis, and did have a drink problem

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Turner

As a result of her altered looks and weight gain from her rheumatoid arthritis treatment, The New York Times published this statement in 2005, "Rumors began circulating that she was drinking too much. She later said in interviews that she didn't bother correcting the rumors because people in show business hire drunks all the time, but not people who are sick." Turner has had well-publicized problems with alcohol, which she used as an escape from the pain and symptoms of acuterheumatoid arthritis. Turner has admitted that owing to her illness she was in constant unbearable agony and that as a result the people she was closest to would suffer from it as she was constantly drinking to relieve the pain and it made her a very difficult person.[SUP][31][/SUP] A few weeks after leaving the production of the play The Graduate in November 2002, Turner was admitted into the Marworth hospital in Waverly, Pennsylvania, for the treatment of alcoholism. "I have no problem with alcohol when I'm working," she explained. "It's when I'm home alone that I can't control my drinking...I was going toward excess. I mean, really! I think I was losing my control over it. So it pulled me back."[SUP][8][/SUP]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here