Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 or 6 a side pitches in Brighton?

gtat

Apr 3, 2014
Hello,

Dulwich Hamlet fan here, coming in peace!

I am looking to organise a 5/6 a side football competition in Brighton in May to raise money for charity. As a Londoner, I'm not really sure of where would be a good location for this, and Google isn't throwing up much in terms of suitable locations. Are you good people able to help, please?

I think the preference would be an outdoor pitch (or couple of pitches), any surface type, but indoor would also be considered. Location is probably the most important, ideally less than 20 minutes on foot from the town centre / Brighton station.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks,

Dan

gtat

Apr 3, 2014
Hello,

Is anyone able to help with this, please? It's for a good cause :)

Thanks

Dan

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Not really close to the centre of Brighton but a place called Waterhall hires out there pitches. Just off the roundabout on the A23 by the roundabout. Other option is what the poster above has given you, that's called Stanley Deason and it's a bus ride away on the bus called the 21 from the station. Bus links to Waterhall aren't great though.

gtat

Apr 3, 2014
Thank you Darren and Ali, I will check out both Waterhall and Stanley Deason.. they both sound like options worth investigating. It's quite unusual for a City to not have somewhere centrally, but I guess you have so much natural outdoor space that there's not much point in building a big leisure centre!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hello,

Dulwich Hamlet fan here, coming in peace!

I am looking to organise a 5/6 a side football competition in Brighton in May to raise money for charity. As a Londoner, I'm not really sure of where would be a good location for this, and Google isn't throwing up much in terms of suitable locations. Are you good people able to help, please?

I think the preference would be an outdoor pitch (or couple of pitches), any surface type, but indoor would also be considered. Location is probably the most important, ideally less than 20 minutes on foot from the town centre / Brighton station.

Many thanks,

Dan

I organised a charity 6-a-side tournament for a few years, for people on here, until 3 or 4 years ago.

We did it in Preston Park. The council will mark out a couple of 6-a-side pitches for you, really cheap, and you get to spend all day in our city centre(ish) park in the sun. They'll waive the VAT element too, if you tell them its for charity. The only issue, is that we had to supply our own goals - we borrowed them from a helpful local kids' team.

hello,

dulwich hamlet fan here, coming in peace!

I am looking to organise a 5/6 a side football competition in brighton in may to raise money for charity. As a londoner, i'm not really sure of where would be a good location for this, and google isn't throwing up much in terms of suitable locations. Are you good people able to help, please?

I think the preference would be an outdoor pitch (or couple of pitches), any surface type, but indoor would also be considered. Location is probably the most important, ideally less than 20 minutes on foot from the town centre / brighton station.

Many thanks,

dan

why don't you make it a beach soccer tournament?

http://www.yellowave.co.uk/

gtat

Apr 3, 2014
Thanks Rev and Hans.

I have emailed Yellowave to see if they have availability - it's a bit more expensive than I was hoping, but maybe they do a discount for charity events. Great idea!

Hans, that's a very good idea too. Do you know who you contacted at the Council? The Parks team, or the leisure team...? It sounds like it would allow us to raise more money for charity, hopefully we'd find someone willing to lend goals!

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
How about Blatchington Mill School in Nevil Avenue, 10 min walk from Hove Station, floodlit too

gtat

Apr 3, 2014
How about Blatchington Mill School in Nevil Avenue, 10 min walk from Hove Station, floodlit too

Thank you pwlr1966 - sounds like that would be fairly accessible, so I'll give them an email!

Thanks Rev and Hans.

I have emailed Yellowave to see if they have availability - it's a bit more expensive than I was hoping, but maybe they do a discount for charity events. Great idea!

Hans, that's a very good idea too. Do you know who you contacted at the Council? The Parks team, or the leisure team...? It sounds like it would allow us to raise more money for charity, hopefully we'd find someone willing to lend goals!

http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/leisure-and-libraries/parks-and-green-spaces/football

BLATCHINGTONMILL ARE HOCKEY PITCHES BUT OK FOR FOOTIE.

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here