Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Tomasz Kuszczak close to return to the Premier League"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From a Polish site...

Tomasz Kuszczak takes very good season in the Championship. Polish goalkeeper until 15 matches kept a clean sheet, and his Brighton & Hove Albion still counts in the fight for the playoffs. In an interview with "Review of the Sports" revealed that his agent is in talks with several clubs and next season would again play in the Premier League.

Looking for number meetings in which I played, there were no major mishaps. I gave the team a lot, brought the experience of the Premier League. I know that I can safely play the class above. Some conversations are conducted. My agent is negotiating with several clubs, but for now I can not talk about specifics - said Tomasz Kuszczak.

Polish goalkeeper is known in the UK and the lack of listings after a good season should not complain. - I do not want to mention where I could hit. I'm certainly not an anonymous player. I play in the UK for many years and I am appreciated here. I have good contacts in several bands, so I can persuade someone on their services - joked Polish representative.

Kuszczakowi season expires at the end of the current contract with the club. In the event of a final decision what to do next, but points out that the most important thing is for him to return to the Premier League.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Had we agreed a contract three months ago he wouldn't be talking to anyone. I don't understand our reluctance to tie our players down.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Fingers crossed our new keeper might be able to kick a ball or claim crosses

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Replacement needed then? No confidence with any of our back-ups. Walton looks promising though...

I can understand why he would want to leave though, he's getting on a bit and wants to return to the 'promise land' of the Premiere League. Can't really see what teams would take him, or what teams need him?? If there really is an opportunity, he should take it. Can't really see him getting another one!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Perhaps Walton is THAT good.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Should of tied him down.

If he goes then we need 2 possibly 3 new keepers as Brez and Ank should be no where near the first team .

Would be a shit situation

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Was always likely to happen. Best Albion keeper ever.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
He is a very good keeper no doubt but hasn't been his best this season and kicking is awful. Would be sorry to see him go but he has never seemed settled and I think has always been on the lookout to move.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Up to him really, can't off the top of my head think of a Premier League side he would get into, but if he wants to be a Prem reserve rather than a Championship starter then good luck to him.

I'm guessing the reason we haven't offered him a new contract is he is probably on a fair wage, perhaps one we aren't prepared to match next season?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
From a Polish site...

Tomasz Kuszczak takes very good season in the Championship. Polish goalkeeper until 15 matches kept a clean sheet, and his Brighton & Hove Albion still counts in the fight for the playoffs. In an interview with "Review of the Sports" revealed that his agent is in talks with several clubs and next season would again play in the Premier League.

Looking for number meetings in which I played, there were no major mishaps. I gave the team a lot, brought the experience of the Premier League. I know that I can safely play the class above. Some conversations are conducted. My agent is negotiating with several clubs, but for now I can not talk about specifics - said Tomasz Kuszczak.

Polish goalkeeper is known in the UK and the lack of listings after a good season should not complain. - I do not want to mention where I could hit. I'm certainly not an anonymous player. I play in the UK for many years and I am appreciated here. I have good contacts in several bands, so I can persuade someone on their services - joked Polish representative.

Kuszczakowi season expires at the end of the current contract with the club. In the event of a final decision what to do next, but points out that the most important thing is for him to return to the Premier League.

Good spot - I would say he has more of a chance of earning more money elsewhere, but I doubt he will play regularly at a higher standard.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that the article says he's had a good season. Granted, there haven't been many absolute clangers, and the clean sheet record still stacks up, but I personally don't think he's been anywhere near the level he was during his first season with us. Distribution getting worse by the week, and I can think of two or three goals he's conceded that I've been disappointed with.

Doesn't write him off of course, but assuming there was a decent quality replacement available (ie not Brezovan or Ankergren), I don't think it would be the end of the world if he went elsewhere. The replacement is the big IF.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I can understand his ambition, but not sure his all round play i.e kicking, distribution are good enough as a number 1 in the Premier League. I cant see him getting any better with this attributes at his age either. Number 2 certainly, but how many games do numbers 2 get to play in the PL, not many.

It may boil down to whether he accepts a number 2 post in the PL or as a number 1 in the championship.

Not all lost yet, but admit it doesnt look good.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Had we agreed a contract three months ago he wouldn't be talking to anyone. I don't understand our reluctance to tie our players down.

Was it ever said publicly that we hadn't tried? It's always possible that he wanted terms that we were unwilling to meet.

He's clearly a very good goalkeeper but if the belief within the club is that we can get a replacement who is a bit worse but younger, cheaper and can develop into a long term number one then it would make sense to let him go (to me anyway).

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
All three keepers can go Ankergren too old and past his best, Brezovan just not up to the standard required, Kuszczak suspect at claiming from corners and kicking is woeful and it will free up some much needed wages.

Walton looks like a good prospect, we could put in a cheeky offer for Speroni when his contract runs out. There will be also a good number of keepers out of contract again, so nothing to worry about.

Thanks Tomasz and good luck.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its all part of the game of negotiating, his aget elevating him and hyping him as much as they can and leaking and speaking to journalists is an attempt at leveraging his price. The article reads as if its been translated, stay or go i'm not bothered as I don't see him in the same light as many on here.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
If Prem teams are interested and we don't go up, he wouldn't stay here anyway. Good luck Tomasz.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here