Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More trouble for Gus

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
May not have been his fault but its his team that will suffer. Must be at least a one point deduction for the southampton game and possible more.

Would much rather see them relegated because of Gus rather than something before Gus.

That said, I really don't hate the man like some on here.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The bbc article - The club will not be deducted points.

Yes I know but like the Daily Mail the BBc don't get everything right and if someone (like palace or Cardiff) complains the FA might have to re examine the decision

Unless the journo is stirring it why run the story again if he knows the FA have closed the case

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It does seem very petty having got internation clearance for a player, that if you let him go out on loan, you need to get clearance for a second time. That is down to the club secretary (who has now left the club) rather than any manager.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It does seem very petty having got internation clearance for a player, that if you let him go out on loan, you need to get clearance for a second time. That is down to the club secretary (who has now left the club) rather than any manager.

Yes but I bet if Sunderland survive by 1 point I bet the clubs that go down will want the point gained taken away - At least a massive fine like West Ham V Sheff United over Tevez

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
As Gus is a man of great integrity, I can only assume he has been privately lobbying the Premier League to remove the point they earned against Southampton in August when the ineligible Ji played. Here is what the 3rd greatest manager in the world (copyright [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] 2014) had to say after Hartlepool fielded an ineligible player against Albion in April 2010:-

Had it happened in Spain, Italy, France or any other league in the world we would automatically have been awarded the game, either 2–0 or 3–0 – with no need for a decision from the league. Here in England we have to wait for a decision. Then when that decision comes it is one which leaves the game in this country open to ridicule from the rest of the world. In my opinion this is totally wrong.

The points mean nothing to us, we are safe, we cannot be promoted, we don’t need the points. It is a matter of principle and for the sake of the integrity of the Premiership, Football League, even the Football Conference and lower. We must bring our rules in line with others, as one day it may have severe consequences on a club when another club fails to play to the rules. For example, were Wigan to beat Chelsea on Sunday, and Manchester United win the Premiership, and then after the game it emerged that Wigan had fielded an ineligible player in the game, would Chelsea accept that? No way. Or what if Stockport played an ineligible player today, they scored the equaliser in the last minute of that game and relegated Tranmere Rovers, would that be fair on Tranmere Rovers? No way.

I feel the rulebook is wrong, and urgently needs updating to bring the English game in line with the rest of the world!

As he is a man of such great principle, surely Gus would rather resign than risk condemning another team to relegation by a point (or less)?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why exactly do we have this bizarre international clearance for footballers anyway? i cant think of any over profession where people are treated in such a way, having to have some ruling body say its ok to work in your profession in another country. and is it ever not given, on what grounds ccan it be refused? ???:mad:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Seems all over to me. Why are they in turmoil?

because the Mail wants to fill a few inches with something. maybe they'd run out of Kardashian pictures?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
As Gus is a man of great integrity, I can only assume he has been privately lobbying the Premier League to remove the point they earned against Southampton in August when the ineligible Ji played. Here is what the 3rd greatest manager in the world (copyright [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] 2014) had to say after Hartlepool fielded an ineligible player against Albion in April 2010:-

As he is a man of such great principle, surely Gus would rather resign than risk condemning another team to relegation by a point (or less)?

Ha great find !

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

That was because the Hartlepool player was suspended for yellow cards, not an administrative error due to the club secretary.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here