Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Footballers' sponsored cars

0 Not allowed!
    I remember as a kid, walking around the Goldstone, and occasionally you'd see some car with- say- Steve Penney, sponsored by Dave's Autos of South Street Lancing, or Doug Rougvie Drives A Simpson's Nissan written all over the side. Famously, Sergei Gotsmanov got sponsored by a local Lada dealer (I'm sure there were others).

Clearly no player would be seen dead in a car with their name on the side these days, so when did this stop? When did even lower league footballers get so rich they could afford to turn down a freebie from Dave's Autos? Or does this still go on in the lower leagues? It's a sad loss to the game if not
    The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Their name may not be on the side, but they do like their personalised number plates.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      They don't need a sponsored Nissan Micra when they can afford to go out and buy Audi R8's, Range Rovers and the like. How times have changed
      Because tonight, I'm a Rock N Roll star!!!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I remember as a lad,back in the day,playing in a six a side tournament in Lancing when I spotted a car across the field.
      It had the words "Garry Nelson drives a....",can't remember the car,but it was very average and white.
      He then went on to ref our semi final (Milton Mount v Wick Dynamos),and we got spanked😲.

0 Not allowed!
      Just round the corner from my folks in Seaford in the late 70s/early 80s a prominent SCCC Cricketer (can't remember who) had his sponsored car parked on his driveway.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Cricketers still have them, these days.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Cricketers still have them, these days.
      Yeah, I've seen a few cricketers in them in recent years.

I'm rather hoping @Hiney 's programme site will have some pictures of 1980s Albion players proudly displaying their new Datsun
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Saw a professional golfer on the motorway with this still on the side of their car. Needless to say if never heard of him!
      #Together

0 Not allowed!
      I seem to remember an 80s/90s news story about goalkeeper being caught cheating on his wife because his sponsored car was regularly seen parked outside a house which wasn't his.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      ...Clearly no player would be seen dead in a car with their name on the side these days, so when did this stop? When did even lower league footballers get so rich they could afford to turn down a freebie from Dave's Autos?
      when they started getting several grand a week??
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.