Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion Player of the Season 1996/97

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
... wasn't officially chosen, seeing as the club was an utterly shambolic mess.

Who would you choose? Either with what you thought then, or with 17 years' hindsight.

In short, who's the poor sod who missed out on his Rediffusion Colour TV because David Bellotti was so inept, he couldn't even direct traffic on Sark?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. Stuart Storer
2. Craig Maskell
3. That weedy little winger whose name escapes me. Might have been Scottish.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Probably Jeff Minton or Ian Baird. However in our amazing home run at the end of the season McDonald and storer were unplayable.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This wrong needs to be righted, it has to be done officially, the winner needs to be presented with this:-

$(KGrHqZ,!qwFGTuj0gMjBRoJw6Empg~~60_35.JPG

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Maskell for me.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Paul McDonald on the basis that, despite Maskell scored the goals that kept us up, I never really liked him for some reason

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Easy peasy. I nominate the 12th man (the fans).

Confession time (though some of my mates know this) - I hardly went that season. The previous season's battles, the direness of everything and that fact that more than a few I knew were banned meant I spent the season, not at football, but going apeshit in certain London techno clubs and finding a woman to marry. That season was pretty much Fans United and that was it for me. Never even went to Hereford. While I don't regret how it turned out in the end for any party there's a bit of me that will always regret that decision.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
This wrong needs to be righted, it has to be done officially, the winner needs to be presented with this:-

View attachment 52531

It would be quite excellent to locate some knackered old Redifusion TV and present it to whichever player gets the honour, ideally on the pitch before the last home game of the season, as is traditional :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here