Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've GOT some BAD news for ALL those TRAVELLING to Barnsley

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Barnsley HAVE the HOODOO over us and LAST season our PERFORMANCE was pathetic and who can FORGET the LOSS at home this season ? We haven't WON at Oakwell for AGES and now the TIKES are managed by ALBION legends Danny Wilson and Chris Hutchings I can CONFIDENTLY predict a 3-0 WIN for Barnsley and the END of our PLAY off HOPES. Save YOUR train FAIR and stay at HOME and watch the Grand National and JOIN in the OCSAR out BINFEST on NSC instead.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They've also won their last two games scoring seven goals...

Not saying we won't get a decent result. Just that it isn't as easy a game as the league table might suggest.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Barnsley HAVE the HOODOO over us and LAST season our PERFORMANCE was pathetic and who can FORGET the LOSS at home this season ? We haven't WON at Oakwell for AGES and now the TIKES are managed by ALBION legends Danny Wilson and Chris Hutchings I can CONFIDENTLY predict a 3-0 WIN for Barnsley and the END of our PLAY off HOPES. Save YOUR train FAIR and stay at HOME and watch the Grand National and JOIN in the OCSAR out BINFEST on NSC instead.

But that's what you actually think so the humour is pointless. Please retire.

Roasted Beet and Butternut Squash Soup

canola or olive oil, for cooking
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced
2-3 beets, tops trimmed
1 large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, crushed
1-2 cups orange juice
1 L chicken or vegetable stock
a big splash of half & half (optional)

sour cream, for serving (optional)

Preheat the oven to 450F. Spread the squash out on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Wrap the beets individually in foil. Place the sheet in the oven and the beets directly on the rack; roast for 30 minutes, or until the squash is soft and turning golden on the edges.

In a medium pot, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat and saute the onion for a few minutes, until starting to soften. Add the garlic and roasted squash. When they’re cool enough to handle, peel and chop the beets; add to the pot along with the orange juice and stock and simmer for about half an hour.

Add the cream, puree the soup with a hand-held immersion blender and season with salt to taste. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream. Serves 6.

kingstn seagull

Sep 4, 2007
YORKSHARE

As Tommy Johnson once said in football factory: "Shut up mate, you're boring."

2-3 beets, tops trimmed
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 cups orange juice

Preheat the oven to 450F. Spread the squash out on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Wrap the beets individually in foil. Place the sheet in the oven and the beets directly on the rack; roast for 30 minutes, or until the squash is soft and turning golden on the edges.

In a medium pot, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat and saute the onion for a few minutes, until starting to soften. Add the garlic and roasted squash. When they’re cool enough to handle, peel and chop the beets; add to the pot along with the orange juice and stock and simmer for about half an hour.

Add the cream, puree the soup with a hand-held immersion blender and season with salt to taste. Serve warm with a dollop of sour cream. Serves 6.
Half full? Or half empty?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
An American recipe? Wheel loose.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

2-3 beets, tops trimmed
1 large onion, chopped
1-2 cups orange juice

U wot m8?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Ernest, get in the real world man - most of us paid for the fu****g train tickets weeks ago -

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
That'll be the Oscar bin fest initiated by none other than ....... ?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne

Do you ever read back what you have written before posting. If you did you would realise it really isn't funny. Time to retire. :down:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It cant be much worse than some years ago in the days of Steve Foster when they had a midfielder ? Banks who tore us to pieces.If my memory is correct Mick McCarthy was also playing for them but I may be confused.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It cant be much worse than some years ago in the days of Steve Foster when they had a midfielder ? Banks who tore us to pieces.If my memory is correct Mick McCarthy was also playing for them but I may be confused.

Ian

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here