Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have Forest given up this season ?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Pearce new manager but not until July 1st , not that he is any good anyway. So caretaker manager for the rest of the season now

They didn't have much choice but to wait if they wanted Pearce, he didn't seem to want to make himself available before the summer. I don't rate him as a manager, but will be interesting to see if he's any good

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seems an odd one, if he was the man they wanted in charge keep Davis as manager then sack him at the end of the season.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What happens if the caretaker manager turns their form around and they go undefeated for the rest of the season and win the playoffs? Surely he would want/deserve the job fulltime?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Seems an odd one, if he was the man they wanted in charge keep Davis as manager then sack him at the end of the season.

Well, they did interview several people so you would think when they got rid of Davis that they didn't know who they wanted in. I would guess that SP interviewed the best and they were happy to wait to get him. Having a history with the clubs helped I would think.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If they have given up, theuy must be pretty confident that the FA will have no balls in implementing any FFP embargoes

It's the Football League that will administer the embargo/fine.

I think they thought they would fly in some super hero hence the reason they approached Warnock!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Well, they did interview several people so you would think when they got rid of Davis that they didn't know who they wanted in. I would guess that SP interviewed the best and they were happy to wait to get him. Having a history with the clubs helped I would think.

It is a very odd one, because if you believe Warnock he declined the job due to the fact the owners wanted him to play the players they brought or are bringing in from the Middle East and could not pick all his own back room staff. Stuart Pearce would never have struck me as a yes man, he has already said today he is not interested in money Forest is where it all kicked off for him, but there probably is the difference in managers Warnock been there done that and knows it won't work, Pearce been out for a while rose tinted glasses = won't work

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's an odd one, I can see why Pearce would want to take over in the summer though;

Club gets promoted = PL manager straight away

Club fails to go up = He can't be blamed for it straight away

Seems to be a win-win from his perspective.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here