Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Goldstone Picture

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I have just found this old picture taken in the late fifties to early sixties, which I have dated by the ladies scarf with the names Dennis Forman, Dave Sexton, Glen Wilson and Jack Bertolini. Is that lady possibly a young Liz Costa?

Anyone recognise any older relatives or friends. This was taken possibly a season or two after I first started going.

001.jpg

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Disgraceful to see just how many people have attended that game without a hat. Or a tie.

Standards already slipping, I see.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
And a young Sarah Watts? But not if photo was 1950s

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
I have just found this old picture taken in the late fifties to early sixties, which I have dated by the ladies scarf with the names Dennis Forman, Dave Sexton, Glen Wilson and Jack Bertolini. Is that lady possibly a young Liz Costa?

Anyone recognise any older relatives or friends. This was taken possibly a season or two after I first started going.

View attachment 52490

is that Queen Eliz ll to the left of the scarffed lady

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Y, n, n, m

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Jack Bertolini's first season was our first in the old second division - 1958/9. Glen Wilson's last season as a player for us was 1959/60. Dave Sexton only had two seasons with the Albion, leaving in May 1959. Therefore, by a process of elimination I guess this picture was taken some time during the latter part of the 1958/9 season. Judging by the appearance of the crowd there doesn't seem to be a roof over them so they're probably on the east terrace, somewhere near the halfway line. I think it was always known as the "chicken run"! I used to stand with my dad and his mates in the north-east corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here