Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jones - Hoskins and CMS "available" for Barnsley/Leicester

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm not so sure they will make the 18 but clear that one or both will travel with squad for the 2 matches.

Craig Mackail-Smith has fired himself into contention for Brighton & Hove Albion's trip to Barnsley this weekend, with his two-goal salvo for the under-21s against Charlton Athletic on Monday.

The striker has been sidelined since March 2013, but Albion's assistant head coach Nathan Jones admits his performance in the 2-2 draw at the Amex caught the eye, as the coaching staff watched a live feed at their Blackburn hotel on Monday night.

"It was fantasic to see him back, we watched the game at the hotel on Monday night on Seagulls Player. He showed a real desire, looked as close to the CMS we know. His first goal was typical of him - he took it really well. For his second he showed real potency and strength.

"He has shown in that game he is capable of playing 90 minutes, scoring in injury time and that he’s ready now. I am sure he will be full of adrenaline and desire after Monday and we are hopeful he will be an important player for us towards the end of the season."

Having shrugged off illness and injury, fellow striker Will Hoskins is also in contention for the two-game trip to Barnsley and Leicester City, with the team basing themselves at St George's Park between the two fixtures
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...r-return-brighton-and-hove-albio-1461722.aspx

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Good to see them using St Georges park again. I wonder if being sponsored by Nike helps, or whether any club in the football league could be based there for a day or two if they wanted...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Good to see them using St Georges park again. I wonder if being sponsored by Nike helps, or whether any club in the football league could be based there for a day or two if they wanted...

I think any club can. The whole idea behind it is that it is a base for Football in England with coaches at all clubs having an open invitation to train and for the coaches to gain experiance.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't see both making the squad. But heartening news nonetheless.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think CMS will be on the bench for both games. Perhaps Hoskins needs another Dev squad game having had a slight setback recently.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
This is good news ulloa needs some competition upfront be interesting to where and if Garcia plays either of them!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

No different from any other hotel really, if its not already booked you can stay there and use its facilities

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Neither will be in the squad, midfield of Andrews, Ince and JFC.

You heard it here first

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Neither will be in the squad, midfield of Andrews, Ince and JFC.

You heard it here first

I don't think Ince will play due to injury and I think he will drop Andrews for Stevens. I think he will want Ince available for the foxes game.

Would love to see CMS get at least 30 mins on Saturday

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think Ince will play due to injury and I think he will drop Andrews for Stevens. I think he will want Ince available for the foxes game.

Would love to see CMS get at least 30 mins on Saturday

I cannot see Oscar going with zero defensive midfielders. If Ince is out Andrews will definitely play.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Where does it say they are using St George's ?

It says hotel close to Blackburn, I thought St George's was in Staffs ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Exactly what influence do you think having our shirts made by the underpaid in Nike sweatshops has!?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Where does it say they are using St George's ?

It says hotel close to Blackburn, I thought St George's was in Staffs ?

That was Monday night (ahead of teh Blackburn game).

They are home now, before heading off on Friday for a two match trip to Barnsley and Leicester, staying at StGP in between.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Exactly what influence do you think having our shirts made by the underpaid in Nike sweatshops has!?

Just because Nike sponsor St George's as well. Lets be honest, the way it currently works, I'd have thought Nike would prefer clubs who are/are going to be sponsored by them using facilities they sponsor, rather than clubs sponsored by Adidas for example. Although maybe that's me being a bit cynical of the whole sponsorship type arrangements. Never quite know the ins and out of deals!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here