Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R.I.P Frankie Knuckles...!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
seeing as none of the benders have done it, i'll do the honours.....big up top one Francis Nicholls , Chicago's finest......:rave::rave::rave: :rave::rave:

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, no i didn't and i searched before i posted so....???

I assume you didn't type "Frankie Knuckles" into the search box then?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
There were two yesterday.

To be fair the big man deserves 3 threads. Gutted I won't be seeing him again. I very nearly went to London to see him for my birthday last year and decided against it, thinking he'd be around for ever. 59's no age really.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

To be fair the big man deserves 3 threads. Gutted I won't be seeing him again. I very nearly went to London to see him for my birthday last year and decided against it, thinking he'd be around for ever. 59's no age really.
seen him twice in Sydney , didn't know he was a diabetic........such is life , as long as the masses have got pillocks like MacIntyre to keep them entertained we'll be ok...!! :down:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The guy fairly much invented the most important new genre of music since punk. Hugely influential. The fact that the backing tracks to everyday things like adverts and hold music now use s mechanical 4/4 beat can be traced back in a direct line to Frankie's early sets at The Warehouse.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The guy fairly much invented the most important new genre of music since punk.

It's a really fair point. Not half the fanfare that there was over Loud Reed's death yet I would argue they are two of the most influential musicians of the 20th Century.

I'm not playing death top trumps, I just find it a bit wierd.

He soundtracked one of the best 2 hours of my life at Bestival 2 or 3 years ago. He came on after A Guy Called Gerald, it was some night!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here