Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's going to happen to our local news? The Argus is a local paper for local people

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Invalid page request.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is this really relevant, What is the circulation,
As a viable publication of news the Argus died a long time ago
When was the last time anyone read it never mind purchase it?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
When the Argus runs headlines like "piece of wood inserted into cat flap", you realise that it's just full of rubbish.

Most people under the age of 60 get their news online nowadays and so I can imagine that in 20 or so years time, the newspaper in it's current form will be non existent.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely only a matter of time before they decide the print edition of The Argus goes to a weekly format ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
When the Argus runs headlines like "piece of wood inserted into cat flap", you realise that it's just full of rubbish.

Most people under the age of 60 get their news online nowadays and so I can imagine that in 20 or so years time, the newspaper in it's current form will be non existent.

When newspapers are redundant, fewer people will be paid to report the news and an even greater proportion of what passes for 'news' will be opinion, hearsay and PR.

In fact, most news outlets will be rather like NSC. Only less interesting.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Surely shot themselves in the foot when they started charging 65p for what's not much more than an advertising rag. You can get a proper daily paper for less.... daft I call it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here