Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Official 2014/2015 Season Ticket Availability Thread ***

With an impressive 91% Renewing, season tickets are now on general sale for next season. We cannot be sure if the 91% is the actual number who renewed of the percentage of season tickets sold after the priority period for new purchasers expired AND renewals had taken place, as when this figure was announced, it co-coincided with the end of the priority purchase period.

Figures below show all that are available online. It is clear the club have already held back a number of seats for match by match sales. Apart from keeping match by match sales availability in the areas the club chooses, I don't think this is necessary as it will be clear we will not sell enough to worry, unless of course we get promoted.

So here goes. Plenty of availability in all stands, although the WSU will sell out first, as will the more central/rear north stand seats.

All figures are rough counted, so allow for +/- 20 in each section.

North Stand

300 Available in the central blocks, although only singles towards the rear half
200 Available in the NW corner. Plenty of pairs and good availability towards the rear
200 Available in the NE corners. All areas and plenty of pairs.

West Stand Upper

250 Available. Good availability on wings and more towards the back.

West Stand Lower

700 Available. Limited in central blocks but wings are very open, even after MBM sales seats have been held back

South Stand

The SE corners will likely be used for segrgation with the away fans in either the eastern half or the whole of the south so the only seats being offered are the SW Corner.

180 Seats Available - not many at the back.

East Stand Lower

250 in the original family stand (E1A, E1B and half of E1C)
150 in the central seats
300 in the southerly end, of which I understand some is also designated family.

East Stand Upper

250 with best availability away from the centre blocks and the front rows.

Summary

These figures show circa 3000 seats as available. If the 91% renewal rate does indeed include those on the priority list then it would suggest about 21,000 sold. If not, maybe the club have sold a few more to priorities, but even assuming 500 were sold (more like 100 at a guess) then this would still leave 9000 seats to shift.

so, of those 9000, these are the ones we can account for:-

3000 - Currently available to buy
350 - The school shelf (this is a guess as I can't remember the exact figure this holds)
3000 - The away end, including segregation.

2650 - The balance. This is a lot. In other words, a whole north stand (not inc corners).

So, assuming we sell all of the 3000 currently available, this would still leave 2650 general tickets to sell, plus up to 2000 more being available should the visitors not bring many. It's also my view that we will be lucky to shift 1000 of the current 3000 the club have made available, so this will leave between 4500 and 6500 tickets that could be sold on a match by match basis, plus the school shelf.

So, unless we are promoted, expect to see a lot of gaps in the crowd next term.

Before I get bombarded with stats about our amazing support. I recognise that and also think it's terrific and our support will be the highest in the Championship next season (assuming Sunderland are not relegated).

This post is in no way intended to appear negative.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
best thread ever. Think club should employ you to keep the people of Sussex updated with sales !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here