Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should a Calde inspired Albion do the improbable, make the playoffs and beyond...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...how will you view the man?

Well that's no 'fun' without the attachments.

Fail :ffsparr:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Poll?

I am broadly in favour of the HERO

The options in pictorial form were to have been:-

Bigger than god (Beatlemania)

On a par with God and the boy J-Dog (Michael Angelo painting)

Next best thing since sliced bread.

Just a man with a man's courage. (Sam Jones, obviously)

Not PLR, dead wood.

Last edited:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Inigo Calderon is EXACTLY the man this side needs right now.

Assuming we don't make the playoffs, it certainly won't be through the lack of Calde's trying. He'll give everything.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Calde will sort it all out, he can do anything

Barnsley 0 Brighton 1
Calderon '73

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Assuming we don't make the playoffs, it certainly won't be through the lack of Calde's trying. He'll give everything.

Exactly right.

Commeth the hour, commeth the HERO.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Could be the catalyst we need to inspire team and fans......................let's not get too carried away.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Couldn't agree more. I'd go further: he's exactly the man the CLUB needs now. At the moment I get the impression that I'm supporting a group of dessicated calculating machines and assorted sub contractors. Give us blood, thunder and die-for-the-shirt perspiration and we'll respond in buckets.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
For all the players that have looked uninterested recently, what better motivation than having a tireless Calde steaming about the pitch giving his all for the team. All Hail Calde :bowdown:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Calde the HERO had played against Barnsley at the Amex, we'd never have lost. It would have 8 (EIGHT)-0 to the good guys, with Calde scoring FIVE and getting two assists.

FACT.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Love Calde , although Bruno is a better player, but the idea that the team are "uninterested" ? Really ?
They came from behind last night twice and scored in the 88th minute to keep our play off chances going.
Over the season they've shown real character in many many matches.

Posted this in another thread but here's TomK on the Bruno spat after Sheff Wed which demonstrates how they are er, up for it..

It was cleared up in the dressing room. Words were spoken and that’s it. From my side it definitely wasn’t about the mistake. I am never going to blame somebody for a mistake because I make mistakes too.
“One day you can be in the same position. It was about something else but you can definitely see the lads care about the result, myself and all the players.
We get frustrated sometimes, especially when things happen in the last minute of a game you feel you should win.
It’s good that we care because we want to achieve something here. I prefer more the smiling moments after the game and the good feeling when we win and feel we did a good job, especially away from home.”

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If Calde told me to behave myself, or do my best or strive to make my finite tenure shackled to this mortal coil a force for good.

I WOULD

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I posted this on an earlier Calde thread but don't think he's played since...................

How about (to the tune of Robin Hood)

Calderon, Calderon, you to us are king
Calderon, Calderon, you can hear us sing
Loved by the fans, our own Spanish don
Calderon, Calderon, Calderon

don

noun

(in Spanish-speaking countries) a lord or gentleman.
:love::blush:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Love Calde , although Bruno is a better player, but the idea that the team are "uninterested" ? Really ?
They came from behind last night twice and scored in the 88th minute to keep our play off chances going.
Over the season they've shown real character in many many matches.

Posted this in another thread but here's TomK on the Bruno spat after Sheff Wed which demonstrates how they are er, up for it..

I agree with you on everything except "Bruno is a better player". Bruno looks a better player because of lots of tricks and skills, but give away possession more, makes more mistakes and scores no goals (admittedly not a massive thing for a right back). I just feel better when Calde plays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here