Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Leeds be relegated?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
With the form they are in and a possibility of points deduction if they go into administration there is a good chance of this happening.Players are not being paid. I do love to see a big club suffer and join the rest of us.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If they were to get a deduction, they would almost certainly go down. I think it would be significantly more than 10 points as it would not be a 'first offence', and their current form would not see them making the points up.

That said, I'm sure that all involved will contrive to manage the situation, so that any fall into admin happens AFTER the end of the season. Its not in any of their interests for the club to drop a division / become less saleable.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
With the form they are in and a possibility of points deduction if they go into administration there is a good chance of this happening.Players are not being paid. I do love to see a big club suffer and join the rest of us.

Leeds are not a big club anymore... I've heard that sung to them many times!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see the Italian CRIMINAL has appealed against the Fit & Proper ruling

On what grounds?

He was CONVICTED

Their last points deduction was 15 I think

He was CONVICTED, yes, but he has APPEALLED that Italian CONVICTION.

Under Italian LAW, you are NOT considered CONVICTED until after the APPEAL is heard, thus he is currently 'not convicted', and thus the FA CURRENTLY have no legal reason to disbar him.

That is his argument.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Under Italian LAW, you are NOT considered CONVICTED until after the APPEAL is heard, thus he is currently 'not convicted', and thus the FA CURRENTLY have no legal reason to disbar him.

That is his argument.

So what would happen if he wins his appeal against fit and proper test and takes over at Leeds, then loses his appeal in Italy??? Does he have to sell up?

If he has all this cash as he claims why didn't he pay the tax on his boat in the first place?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I see the Italian CRIMINAL has appealed against the Fit & Proper ruling

On what grounds?

He was CONVICTED

Their last points deduction was 15 I think

Per their chant, 15 points who gives a f** were super Leeds and were going up*.

*If memory serves me correct they then lost the playoff final to Doncaster.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So what would happen if he wins his appeal against fit and proper test and takes over at Leeds, then loses his appeal in Italy???

Well, quite. I presume that is precisely the situation the FA are seeking to avoid.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Hopefully not, it's a great city and a great night out, would very much look forward to next season's away jolly up.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

That is his argument.

Italian law OUT

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The cut off deadline to go into administration and have 10 points deducted this season was last Thursday. Any club going into administration between now and the end of the season will have the points deduction imposed next season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The cut off deadline to go into administration and have 10 points deducted this season was last Thursday. Any club going into administration between now and the end of the season will have the points deduction imposed next season.

I think you'll find that 'rule' is subject to being over-ruled, if the FL consider it appropriate. The deduction is to be imposed where it would be most punitive.

The 'rule' you describe is to stop a team getting 17 points clear with two games to go, and taking a 'free hit'.

If the deuction to be imposed would drop Leeds into the bottom three, then it WOULD be applied this season, however late.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think you'll find that 'rule' is subject to being over-ruled, if the FL consider it appropriate. The deduction is to be imposed where it would be most punitive.

The 'rule' you describe is to stop a team getting 17 points clear with two games to go, and taking a 'free hit'.

If the deuction to be imposed would drop Leeds into the bottom three, then it WOULD be applied this season, however late.
:drool:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Per their chant, 15 points who gives a f** were super Leeds and were going up*.

*If memory serves me correct they then lost the playoff final to Doncaster.

"20 points?/ No need to frown/ We're mighty Leeds & we're going down"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If the deduction to be imposed would drop Leeds into the bottom three, then it WOULD be applied this season, however late.

A points deduction that sees Leeds dropping into the relegation zone means an appeal from the club citing "force majeure". An appeal decision would have to be finalised before the fixture list can be compiled for 2014/15. The Football League needs to alter the rules to penalise clubs going into administration after a cut off date with a points deduction in the current season and a points deduction for the following season.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I don't take much joy in seeing them suffer. Had a great day out there last season - as some one has already posted - they are no longer a big club and their support is from true fans. No honour in sneering at other's misfortunes - remember be wary as things can quickly change in football

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
17,000 at Leeds last night. Feeble.

That opening day win over us in front of 33,000 seems a long time ago now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
17,000 at Leeds last night. Feeble.

That opening day win over us in front of 33,000 seems a long time ago now.

Their cup final, to be fair :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here