Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scotch Independence

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
What do people think? Should they be allowed to leave just because the idiots who dislike Andy Murray have their way? Or should they be forced to stay in the Union for perhaps the same reason? It's a bit like the death penalty isn't it really? Should we murder them or make them endure life imprisonment. I've always liked the Scotch myself (apart from Gordon Greer last Saturday). They've produced some superb talents that have contributed for both Brighton and the UK. Liam Bridcutt springs to mind. He'll be paying even more tax than he wants to now at Sunderland, both benefitting himself (higher wages) and the Exchequer. Craig Mackail-Smith has been an excellent ambassador for the club too. He is also Scotch. I think the Albion have a lot to lose with the very real and dangerous threat of scotch independence. What do others think?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Scottish.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am concerned that the price of Scotch broth will go through the roof now....... And Butter Scotch come to think of it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am concerned that the price of Scotch broth will go through the roof now....... And Butter Scotch come to think of it.

Not to mention scotch eggs.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I do hate the term "scottish". You're either scotch or you're not. And I think that most of the scotch would agree. Anything.........ish......well it's half hearted isn't it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I do hate the term "scottish". You're either scotch or you're not. And I think that most of the scotch would agree. Anything.........ish......well it's half hearted isn't it?

People are Scottish. Items are Scotch. It isn't hard.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
At first cared, now I don't.

What I do find funny is that the SNP are crying for independence from the UK, but don't mind keeping the currency that's regulated and assured by the bank of England. F-Off

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Er ok I'll try. But I'm quite a fan of getting things historically and gramattically correct. And the Scotch are Scotch.

I would respectfully disagree. I believe the Scots do not like the term as applied to themselves.

Wikipedia seems to agree:

Scotch*is an*adjective*meaning "of*Scotland". In Scotland the modern usage in Scotland isScottish*or*Scots, and the word "Scotch" is only applied to specific products, mostly food or drink, such as*Scotch whisky,*Scotch pie,*Scotch broth, and*Scotch eggs. "Scotch" applied to people is widely considered pejorative in Scotland, reflecting old Anglo-Scottish antagonisms, but it is still widely used in England and*Ireland, and is in common use inNorth America.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here