Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many [portions of fruit and veg] do you consume per day, on average?

On average, how many portions of fruit and veg do you have per day?

Votes: 4 6.7%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 8 13.3%

Votes: 12 20.0%

Votes: 5 8.3%

Votes: 3 5.0%

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • 10 or more

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does wine count?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Crisps?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chocolate counts, right? Cocoa comes from a plant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On the basis of those suggestions, I reckon about ten a day.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's a bit sodding harsh.

Puts me down to 2 or 3 then.

Tossers.

It does, but only as 1 (one) - http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/Whatcounts.aspx

"One glass (150ml) of unsweetened 100% fruit or vegetable juice. Juice counts as a maximum of one portion a day, even if you have more than one glass. This is mainly because juice contains less fibre than whole fruits and vegetables. Crushing fruit into juice also releases the sugars contained in the fruit, which can cause damage to teeth."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It does, but only as 1 (one) - http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/5ADAY/Pages/Whatcounts.aspx

"One glass (150ml) of unsweetened 100% fruit or vegetable juice. Juice counts as a maximum of one portion a day, even if you have more than one glass. This is mainly because juice contains less fibre than whole fruits and vegetables. Crushing fruit into juice also releases the sugars contained in the fruit, which can cause damage to teeth."

Cheers. Puts me back up to a respectable, if apparently inadequate, FOUR.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Very little. Can someone slip me a portion?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

I'm pretty sure I've seen some juices claiming to constitute 2 of your 5 a day. They'll have to amend their packaging. I'm very concerned about this. Perhaps they could add some witty banter: always enjoy reading that on a juice or beer bottle.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Never bothered counting and just looked at Bozza's link then I'll pass in future as well as got more things to worry about than 5 - 7 a day fruit and veg intake. Besides all these OAPs who have lived to a ripe old age don't seem to worry what they eat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The five a day is all a bit arbitrary tho eh? A bit like the alcohol units per day. Doctors have even admitted as much. Tho anything that steers you in the general direction of good health is better than not steering you in that direction. Every little helps.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure I've seen some juices claiming to constitute 2 of your 5 a day. They'll have to amend their packaging. I'm very concerned about this. Perhaps they could add some witty banter: always enjoy reading that on a juice or beer bottle.

We were laughing at the Tropicana juice wording only this very weekend as fruit and veg seems to be an after thought to their "Just Eat More" instruction.

u5y6e2un.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here