Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
One of the rebel 9% here. :bigwave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nearly a 10% drop. I'd say that's significant.

10% drop is about 2,600?

Its not a 10% drop though, is it? Its a 10% proportion of existing STH, who have not renewed. To equate that to a 'drop' would be to assume that there are NO new STH taking up any of those seats.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Say 50% of those were bought by new people, that's still around a 1,300 person drop?

EDIT: no official match day post yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nearly a 10% churn rate, but not necessarily a 10% drop in season ticket sales since presumably there will be some new sales.

Its not a 10% drop though, is it? Its a 10% proportion of existing STH, who have not renewed. To equate that to a 'drop' would be to assume that there are NO new STH taking up any of those seats.

Don't let the truth get in the way of some good old fashioned club bashing, chaps.

Not to mention:-

How many of the non renewals will still be going to games, and paying considerably higher for the privilege.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Say 50% of those were bought by new people, that's still around a 1,300 person drop?
1,300 fewer sounds about right.

This time last year we'd beaten Palace 3-0, were heading for the play-offs and possible Premier League.

Now we are being treated to some of the most disappointing footballing fare imaginable. Hopefully it is only a blip and good times are round the corner but it must deter some fairweathers.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
People's financial situations change. People move away. Some cancellations are to be expected I would imagine.

Whichever way you look at it I think 20,000 plus season ticket holders in the current economic climate and at a Championship club is brilliant.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think it is outstanding show of faith from our customers.

Considering as mentioned the majority of those not renewed will be replaced by new season ticket holders shows that true Albion fans are still very much behind OG and the project going on at the club.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nearly a 10% drop. I'd say that's significant.

This happens every year, and I worked it out (somewhere), that quite a large proportion of that percentage would be due to people sadly dying, or having ill health, and a lot of the remainder would be due to changes in circumstances. I would expect the total number of season ticket holders next season to be similar to this season.

Dec 3, 2012
I'd say a 91% uptake is very good news for the club. It shows that the vast majority of ST holders have not been put off by the lack of success in terms of promotion or the novelty value of a new stadium wearing off.

I'm surprised at that. Very promising for the club I reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here