Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa - lightweight

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone else think this? He seems to rely too heavily on the ref giving him a free kick - which rarely seems to happen these days - and gets pushed off the ball far too easily imho.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
There are times when he stops playing because he thinks he should have a free kick. And he often basis this on 'La Liga' rules it seems to me. There was a classic instance of this against 'Boro when he could have just collected the ball, when he stood still and waved his hands in the air, to no avail.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Leo and love what he can bring, but he should realise by now he's playing in the English Championship and adjust his game accordingly.

PG

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Erm? No

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If this is based on his last two games, I think he should be judged when he is not, either going down with a virus, or recovering from one. I think he only played on Saturday cos there was no alternative, and wouldn't have been in the squad if we had another striker

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
OK, I can see I'm in the minority, but I've watched the same games as the rest of you and increasingly he's being out-muscled.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
There are times when he stops playing because he thinks he should have a free kick. And he often basis this on 'La Liga' rules it seems to me. There was a classic instance of this against 'Boro when he could have just collected the ball, when he stood still and waved his hands in the air, to no avail.

Don't get me wrong, I rate Leo and love what he can bring, but he should realise by now he's playing in the English Championship and adjust his game accordingly.

PG

This. Although he should have learned by now that he's not playing in La Liga. That said, he should be getting more protection from referees.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No.

He gets battered every week (like Murray used to). The refs just don't give him enough protection so he gets stroppy every now and then.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
OK, I can see I'm in the minority, but I've watched the same games as the rest of you and increasingly he's being out-muscled.

I think that he has become more scared of the challenge since his injury (and he does tend to milk it when shoved off the ball) but I don't think he's a lightweight - I think he knows he and the club cannot afford another prolonged injury and so isn't going in as hard as when he first arrived.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Wouldn't say he was lightweight, but he does like to throw his arms up in the air in disgust/frustration when he doesn't get a free kick.

Find this a little disappointing from a centre forward who very regular backs in and uses his physical strength to impede defenders. Not complaining about that approach. Not at all. Just find it slightly double standards to moan when a defender does it back.

That said, still a top player.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think I'm in a minority here too as I think he's become hugely lightweight.

Rarely wins any headers and seems to spend most of his time complaining to the referee whilst throwing his arms in the air and sitting on the floor! Yes, he does get fouled but he's going down far to easily for me at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No. He gets hammered every game by the opposition who are obviously going to do their best to neutralise our only goalscoring threat.

Kendo3

Jul 26, 2004
Uckfield
He's missing out on free kicks when he's pushed from behind because everytime the ball is hit in his direction his first move is to turn his head look for the defender, he inveriable gets hit and goes to ground. Because he's looked for the defender the ref see's this as a pre-concieved action therefore classed as a dive. He already knows a challenge will come, so if he just kept his eye on the ball and not look for the defender it may help his case. If the challenge doesn't come, he's kept focus on the ball and will therefore have better control and subsiquent killer pass/goal.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fed up with his lack of pace and first touch of a blind rapist since his injury. He's half the player he was, but being outmuscled isn't really the main issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here